Training Program on Solar Off-grid Entrepreneurship at IIT Bombay [Mar 16-20]: Register by Jan 31
The combination of improved technology with smaller energy needs makes the off-grid solar solution very attractive. Based on this, an idea of Energy Swaraj or Energy generation and consumption by locals and for locals has been conceptualized. With this backdrop in mind, IIT Bombay is conducting a Solar Off-Grid Entrepreneurship training program from March 16 to 20, 2020.
This training course is designed to train solar off-grid entrepreneurs who can contribute locally in providing solar energy solutions to the community. The Solar Off-grid Entrepreneurship training program aims to equip the participants with the theoretical, practical as well as commercial aspects required to make it a successful venture.
- The training will cover the concepts of world energy scenario, solar PV technology, practical aspects of using solar PV modules, battery technologies, technical details of DC appliances, PV system design, hands-on training on PV system installation and maintenance, PV system cost estimations, payback period calculations, aspects of running off-grid solar business, etc.
- The training will consist of 50% teaching in the classroom and 50% hands-on training.
- The classroom training will cover the fundamentals, technical specifications, standards, solar PV system design, etc. while the hands-on training will cover experiments on measuring the performance of panels, batteries, installation of system and lab visits.
Who can Attend?
ITI/Diploma in Electrical or Electronics with 2 years of experience, any engineering graduate. Training is open to only those participants who after this training would like to start their own business in providing solar energy solutions. Please do not join if the intention is something else.
Rs. 5000 per participant. Food and Accommodation are Free for all participants. Accommodation on sharing basis within IITB or nearby locations will be provided on a first cum first basis.
- To register for the training, click here.
- Every day a 30 min quiz will be organized. Participants who will pass all the quizzes will only be given certificates.
- The last date to register is January 31, 2020.
Phone Number: +91 22 25764475
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.
About the Author
When I die, bury me with all my tatts on. When I die, bury me without the lights on.