The Centre for Social Studies, Surat is organizing an ICSSR sponsored Two Week ‘Capacity Building Programme’ (CBP) for young Social Science Faculty from 19th April to 01st May 2021. Due to the pandemic situation, this course will be held Online.
Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) was established in the year 1969 by the Government of India to promote research in social sciences in the country.
The broad objective of the proposed capacity-building program is to provide training in social science research methodology to the teachers of social science disciplines like Economics, Sociology, Political Science, Social work, Management, Geography, and History, etc. More specifically the Course aims to address the following aspects.
- Develop an understanding of the philosophy of research.
- Enhance skills to prepare an appropriate research proposal, including conducting an overview of the literature, formulating research questions and hypotheses, collecting information, and analyzing.
- Help them to understand the application of appropriate Statistical techniques in various types of researches keeping in mind the nature of the data.
- Enhance the capability for planning and writing a research paper/ book for publication.
- To acquaint the participants with the latest developments and trends in the field of Social Science research.
The course is expected to benefit participants from all social sciences. By the end of the program, they are expected to develop conceptual clarity and practical knowledge to undertake quality research and writing good research papers, field reports and project proposals, etc.
Who can Apply?
The applicants must be working as an Assistant Professor or having an equivalent position in any recognized university/ colleges in the Social Science discipline.
How to Apply?
To download the application form, click here.
Interested candidates are requested to send their application to the coordinators along with a duly filled-up application form to email@example.com. The last date to apply is April 5, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.