The Center for Science Education & Communication, Delhi University is organizing a Training Program in Science Journalism “Beyond the Boundaries: Science, Media & Journalism” from December 11 to 14, 2017.
Media is a powerful medium for bringing science and scientific information to the public. Diverse media formats give writers and aspiring journalists a wide range of options through which scientific information can easily disseminate. Media technology including social media has revolutionized the way technology reaches us.
Science Journalism as a career option has still to see its boom in our country. A forward step in this direction will boost the visibility of our scientific research outcomes along with keeping a tab on global scientific advances for the benefit of the society.
With the aim of building competitive human resource in the area, the training program will attempt to provide a holistic view of three areas: Science, Media and Journalism.
Following are the broad topics that it will cover:
- Current Trends in Science Communication
- Writing for Media/Science Writing/Balancing Academic component and News Euphoria
- Digital Communication of Science
- Interviewing Scientists
- Citizen Science
- Science Journalism in Electronic Media
- Science Communication through Films/Science Film Appreciation
- Mojo and Science Journalism: Producing Content through Smartphone
- Data Journalism
- Health, Environment and Climate Journalism
- Career and Research in Science Communication and Journalism
- Science Media Entrepreneurship
Science students, emerging Journalists, Faculty interested in emerging domain of science journalism.
How to Register
Applications may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning your Name, Designation/Course, Department/College, Contact Details, Motivation for attending the training in 200 words maximum along with CV/Resume.
Registration Fee is Rs. 1,000/-
For more information on the training program, click here.