This course is designed and offered by SVNIT based on the many requests received from the Industry /Engineers / Consultants / Student Interns to gain practical knowledge on Road Safety Audit, different aspects of road engineering and road safety.
The course will provide a forum for researchers working in the field of Transportation Engineering from all corners of the globe to understand the needs and advancement of Road Safety Audits. Participants of this training program will have a detailed idea of RSA at the end of the course.
- Overview of Road Safety and its Scenario’s in India and other countries
- Conducting Road Safety Audit and Methodology
- Benefits of Conducting Road Safety Audit
- Geometric Design of Roads, Sign & Signals and Junction: Safety Purposes
- Common Safety Concerns
- Identification of accident-prone areas and remedial measures
- Speed Enforcement and Infrastructure Requirements of Road
- Effect of roadway geometrics and traffic conditions
- Relationship between accident rates and various factors causing accidents
- Role of different organization in RSA
- Safety standards and design of Roads for Speed, Furniture & Hazard Management
- Measures were taken for selections of projects for RSA
- Analysis of Data collected from Site
- Identification of potentially unsafe locations
- Theoretical and Practical case study for Road Safety audit at different stages of construction
- Checklists to be used at different stages of RSA
Who can Attend?
This training program is open for science and engineering college professors (both degree and polytechnic colleges), Ph.D. and M.Tech. Scholars. As the training program is from a Civil Engineering background, participants must have detailed and in-depth knowledge of the Transportation and Civil Engineering field.
Top Level Industries Delegates, Faculties from IIT’s, NIT’s, Various prestigious Institute, Universities and from Host Institution.
- Interested candidates can download the registration form by clicking here.
- Candidates are requested to send the filled-in registration form to Dr. Rakesh Kumar Professor, CED, SVNIT – Surat Gujarat, India – 395007.
- The last date to register is January 5, 2020.
Phone Number: +91-73596-91481
Email ID: email@example.com