Training Program on Sustainable Habitat @ NIT Nagpur [Sept 24-28]: Apply by Aug 23
Many of today’s global problems arise from the availability and use of natural resources, caused by the growing population and changes in lifestyle. The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy of India (Energy Access, 2012) states that India has the world’s 5th largest generation capacity and it is the 6th largest energy consumer accounting for 3.4% of global energy consumption.
Sustainable habitat is the single most influencing factor which outlines a society’s aspiration for living a sustainable life. Habitat policies are the government’s response in understanding problems, perceived approach towards the remedies, and visualize future development of the society.
Future habitat can only be sustainable and inclusive if we can replace the traditional ways of visualizing policy merely with the economic cost-benefit outcome. Our approach is to visualize habitat not only from the perspective of space but also it’s deep ecological and emotional values attached to spaces. This program aims at training the participants in the area of Sustainable Habitat.
The five-day-long course will be majorly focusing on:
- Introduction to Green Rating Systems, GRIHA and IGBC, Energy & Water Efficiency.
- Water as a resource, Municipal Water supply, and Sanitation, Ecology and Environment, Inclusive Growth.
- Health and Cities, Energy Consumption, Green Building, ECBC, Renewable Resources.
- Community participation in Sustainable cities, Design for Walkability, Smart mobility. • Sustainable Habitat as a concept, Policies, Issues, and Interventions
Who should Attend?
The course is designed for practicing architects, civil engineers, structural engineers (private and public sectors), officials in PWD, CPWD, Urban local bodies, Zilla Parishad, Town Planning authority, Real Estate Developers, etc. The participants are recommended to bring their laptop for hands-on training sessions.
- The number of participants is limited to 40.
- The course is fully funded by Department of Science and Technology, GoI which includes lodging – boarding, course material and reimbursement of train fare by the shortest route (3AC)
- Though there are no registration fees the participant is required to send a security deposit, DD or cheque of Rs. 2000/- in favor of ‘ The Director VNIT, Nagpur’ which will be returned after successful completion of the course.
- Duly filled application along with the security deposit, (Rs. 2000/- DD or cheque) should reach us by 23rd August 2019.
- To download the application form, click here.
Phone Number: 0712-2801056, 9822719413
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.
About the Author
When I die, bury me with all my tatts on. When I die, bury me without the lights on.