The Department of Civil Engineering, Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur is organizing an Online Training Program on Applied Statistics for Engineers & Researchers from August 10 to 15, 2020.
The course will help understand the importance of statistical tools in experiments and benefits in research and process development and apply the techniques to achieve quality in production.
The broad outline of the course is as follows:
- Introduction to probability and commonly used probability functions like Normal distribution, Binomial distribution;
- Introduction to statistics, Sample mean, Sample variance,
- Graphical representation using Sample Quantiles, Box-plots, Histogram
- Hypothesis Testing: z, t and Chi-square tests
- Introduction to ANOVA
- Solving statistical problems using MS-Excel and Minitab
Students, faculty members, and scientists from academic and research institutions are invited to apply. Participants can be engineers or must have studied mathematics at 10+2 level. No prior statistical knowledge is required for this course.
The registration fee (including GST) is as follows:
- Students: Rs.600/-
- Faculty/ Scientists: Rs. 1200/-
The sessions will be conducted live online via Webex or any other suitable online portal. Certificates will be posted to your registered address on the successful completion of the program.
- To register online for the course, click here.
- The number of participants for the program is limited to 150 on a first come first serve basis. Payment and registration details will be sent on the mail id after the participant submits his/ her details.
- To avoid any disturbance during the training program, it is highly recommended to have stable electricity or power backup and a strong internet connection.
- The last date to register is August 6, 2020.
Phone Number: 7972375323
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.