Malaviya National Institute of Technology (MNIT) Jaipur is organizing an AICTE sponsored five-day ‘Training Programme on 3D Printing’ during March 25-29. Register by March 20.
About the Institute:
MNIT Jaipur is one of the NITs established by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India (GOI). At present, in addition to the research, consultancy and developmental activities, the Institute offers UG and PG level courses (M.Tech./M.Sc. & Ph.D.) to about 4500 students in almost all leading fields of engineering, technology, management, and sciences.
About the Course:
The popularity and awareness of 3D Printing are exploding. It is breaking down barriers in design and manufacturing, and making what was previously impossible, possible for anyone with just a basic understanding of the technology.
This training program gives a basic understanding by putting some 3D printers into action. Participants will gain exposure to the main facets of 3D Printing including 3D Scanning, 3D Modelling, preparing the file for print, and finally, 3D Printing.
Who should Attend?
Designers, Engineers, Technologists, Entrepreneurs, and Hobbyists. This course will be
suitable for both novices and those more experienced with technology. Anyone with an
interest in 3D printing and wants to learn can attend.
- Learn about the materials, designing of CAD models, working of a 3D Printer.
- Introduction to different types of 3D Printers.
- Understand how to build and calibrate a 3D printer.
- Introduction to RepRap Arduino electronic controller.
- Understand the basics of G code generation.
- Algorithms used in the design.
- Design of Assembly (Spur gear, Helical screw, simple design).
- Demonstration of 3D Printer assembly.
- Demonstration of 3D Printing.
- The participants will get 3D printed models that they design.
March 25-29, 2019.
- Registration is open to Faculty/Ph.D. & PG scholars from all branches of Engineering. Participants will be admitted on a first-come-first-served basis.
- To confirm participation please send the scanned copy of the Filled Registration Form to asingh.mech[at]mnit.ac.in.
- Accommodation and travel expenses are to be borne by the participants/sponsoring agency. Limited accommodation on actual charges may be available at MNITJ Guest House II/Hostels.
- Dr. Amit Kumar Singh: +91 9549657317, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Gunjan Soni: +919549654559, email@example.com