The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Tiruchirappalli is organizing an Online Short-Term Training Program on Modern Power System Optimization: Techniques, Tools, and Applications from May 3 to 7, 2021.
NIT-T offers full-time and part-time Ph.D. Program in all branches of Engineering (Chemical, Civil, CSE, Energy and Environment, EEE, ECE, Instrumentation and Control, Mechanical, Metallurgical and Materials, and Production), Architecture, Computer Applications, Management Studies, Science (Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics), and Humanities (English/ Economics).
This course’s main objective is to explore the need for optimization in various power system operations and controls. The course also provides the idea of various system studies where it necessitates an optimization process before commissioning of the system.
Additionally, it also comprehends various tools and techniques that are available to optimize the power system operation. Finally, it throws some light on the research trends followed in various modern power system applications.
- Introduction to Optimization
- Optimization techniques:
- Multi-objective optimization
- Game theory: A solution for Decision; Making in Regulatory; Markets
- Application of Optimization in Modern Power System: Frequency Regulation; State Estimation; Optimal Placement of FACTS devices
- Optimization Tools: MATLAB; HOMER; GAMS
- Hands-on Sessions
Who can Attend?
Technical faculty, Industry professionals, Research Scholars, Postgraduate and Undergraduate students from academic institutes would be benefitted from this course.
Resource persons with rich expertise in optimization from leading research and academic organizations will be handling the sessions.
- Faculty/ Academicians participants: Rs. 826
- Researchers Scholars (Ph.D., PDF, JRF, SRF): Rs. 472
- Students (UG, PG) participants: Rs. 354
The registration fee can be paid via SBI Collect.
To register for the workshop, click here. The last date to register is May 1, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.