The Department of Mechanical Engineering, Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT), Surat is organizing a TEQIP Sponsored Online Training Program on Modern Materials & Manufacturing from October 12 to 18, 2020.
This program will give an opportunity to understand the science of modern materials and modern manufacturing techniques. The focus will be on explaining the fundamental concepts of modern manufacturing technologies used for automobiles, aerospace, electronics, and biomedical engineering.
SVNIT, Surat was initially established as Sardar Vallabhbhai Regional College of Engineering & Technology in 1961. It was later upgraded as a National Institute of Technology in 2002.
The major topics to be covered in the short term course are:
- Introduction to modern materials
- Smart Materials and structures
- Nano and ultrafine grain materials
- Introduction to modern manufacturing technologies
- Additive Manufacturing
- Sustainable Manufacturing
- Advanced forming techniques
- Advanced material removal processes
- Modern welding techniques
- Reverse Engineering
- Virtual experience in modern manufacturing techniques such as 3D Printing, Cold Metal Transfer Welding.
- Future directions in modern materials and manufacturing.
Faculty members/ research scholars/ PG scholars from academic institutes approved by the AICTE/ UGC/ MHRD working in Private/ Public/ Government organizations can attend the course.
- UG/ PG students and Ph.D. Research Scholars: Rs. 200/-
- Faculty: Rs. 500/-
- Industry Delegate: Rs. 1000/-
The Details of the account for program fee submission are Account Holder name: Director SVNIT TEQIP IRG; Account Number: 0277101028663; Branch Name: Canara Bank, Nanpura Branch Surat Bank; IFSC Code: CNRB0000277.
Interested candidates can register online for the course by clicking here. The last date to register is October 5, 2020.
Selection will be as per the eligibility, and on a First-Come-First-Served basis (Number of participants are limited to 50). A certificate will be awarded to the participants who attend all the sessions and clear the MCQ test.
Phone Number: +91-9899628016
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.