The Divecha Centre for Climate Change, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru is organizing a Training Program on Glacier Studies & Remote Sensing from March 16 to 26, 2021.
The covers various aspects of remote sensing applications in glaciology. Faculty members will take lectures in the Divecha Centre for Climate Change and eminent guest scientists.
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) is a public, deemed, research university for higher education and research in science, engineering, design, and management. It is located in Bangalore (Bengaluru), in the Indian state of Karnataka.
- Distribution of Glaciers and snow cover: Overview of Cryosphere, Importance of glaciers, precipitation and formation of snow, distribution of glaciers/ snow
- Application of remote sensing in glaciology: Fundamentals of Remote Sensing, Glacier inventory, Estimation of glacier mass balance, glacier depth, moraine-dammed lakes, snow cover, and snow albedo.
- Climate and climate change: Climate change and climate variability, General circulation of atmosphere and oceans, impacts of aerosols
- Monitoring of glaciers: Physical and morphological properties of snow and glaciers, Development of algorithms and glacier modeling, Glacier Lake Outburst Flood.
- Glacier Mass Balance: Concept of glacier mass balance, methods of glacier mass balance estimation-Glaciological, Geodetic and AAR methods, the concept of ELA, IAAR method.
- Ice and Snow ablation: Physics of snowmelt, heat budget, and radiation. Snowmelt runoff model.
Who can Attend?
Post Graduate M.Sc., M.Tech., M.E., and Ph.D. students from recognized Institutes/ Universities.
Interested candidates can register online by clicking here. There is no registration fees for the trainees.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.