Delhi Technological University is conducting a five-day Training Program on Geo-Meteorological Hazards Risk Management from February 10 to 14, 2020.
The training program shall have a dedicated session for feedback and valediction. The participants will be provided with a valuation pro forma, which may be completed and handed over to the program staff.
At the end of the training workshop, the delegates/participants will be able to:
- To develop a better understanding of geo-meteorological hazards and Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience (DRR&R) strategies;
- To learn about the relevant Acts, Policies, Plans, Guidelines, and SOPs on Disaster Management in the country;
- To know about the important international agreements and declarations on disaster risks reduction, climate change, urbanization, and sustainable development;
Contents of the course would touch upon the following aspects, to achieve the objectives:
- Basic understanding of geo-meteorological hazards
- Basic Concept of DM Act 2005 and other guidelines/plans/policies regarding DRR
- Linkages among development, climate change, urbanization and disaster management
- Field visit to enhance practical cognizance
- Suggestive Framework for preparation of DM Plan
- Group Exercise on Hazard, Vulnerability, Capacity and Risk Assessment ( HVCR)
Who can Attend?
The target group for this program would be middle and senior-level functionaries from the central and state governments representing particularly offices engaged with disaster management area as well as relevant institutes/organizations/agencies along with academicians and scholars from reputed universities. The nodal officers for disaster management amongst them will be the key.
- The delegates/participants of the program will assemble in Pragyan Hall, Administrative Building, Delhi Technological University, Shahbad Daulatpur, Bawana Road, Delhi – 110 042 at 9:00 A.M. on Monday, 10th February 2020 and will register themselves.
- DTU officials will assist them in Registration.
- To download the registration form, click here.
- The boarding and lodging for the outside Delhi participants will be arranged by Delhi Technological University on twin sharing basis.
- The program will be held at Delhi Technological University, New Delhi. It will commence at 9:00 AM on Monday, 10th February 2020 and will conclude at 5:00 PM on Friday, 14th February 2020.
Phone Number: +91-11-23438297
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.