The Department of Civil Engineering, Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT), Nagpur is organizing an Online Training Program on Essential Chemistry for Wastewater Treatment and Basic Statistics for Sample Analysis for Environmental Engineers from June 14 to 19, 2021.
Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur is one of the thirty National Institutes of Technology in the country.
The main objectives of this online training program are to:
- Understand the importance of chemical processes in wastewater treatment and their application in WWTPs design and operation.
- Understand the basic statistics tools for laboratory sample analysis and QA/ QC.
The broad outline of the course is as follows:
- Wastewater Treatment: Application of Thermodynamics and Kinetics, Chemistry of Complex formation, Redox Reactions in wastewater treatment. Hands-on solving of problem using Ms-Excel and VMINITEQ-software
- Basic Statistics: t and z-test, detection of outliers, inter-laboratory comparison, method detection limit.
Students, faculty members, and scientists from academic and research institutions.
The registration fee (including GST) is as follows:
- Students: Rs.600/-
- Faculty/ Scientists: Rs. 1200/-
To register for the online course, click here. The last date to register is June 11, 2021.
The sessions will be conducted live online via Webex or any other suitable ONLINE platform. Certificates will be posted to your registered address on successful completion of the program. The number of participants for the program is limited to 150 on a first come first serve basis.
For full notification, click the link below.