The North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong is conducting a National Short Term Training Program on Applications of Bioinformatics in Wet Lab from March 17 to 21, 2020.
The focus of this training is to give an introductory overview of how bioinformatics tools and databases can help us to retrieve the data of our interest, analyze and interpret them in a biologically meaningful way. The training program aims to provide hands-on training on popular bioinformatics tools and their widespread use in allied fields.
The Training Program is being organized by The Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India which established the Bioinformatics Infrastructure Facility (BIF) under the BTISnet program at the Department of RDAP, NEHU, Tura Campus in the year 2008.
The training module includes:
- Macromolecules: DNA, RNA, Protein
- Biological Databases & Data Retrieval
- Sequence Alignment Methods & Tools
- Phylogenetic Analysis
- Computational Structural Biology
- Micro-Array Analysis
Teachers, Researchers, Ph. D. Scholars and PG students of Life Science/Computer Science and allied areas. Basic knowledge of Computer and Life Sciences is a prerequisite on the participants’ side.
- Demonstrations and
- Students/ Research Scholars: Rs. 500/-
- Delegates from Academia: Rs. 1000/-
- Delegates from Industries: Rs. 2000/-
Account details: Account Name: NEHU, BIIFC, TURA Account Number: 30637976510 IFSC Code: SBIN0007332 Bank: SBI, Chandmari, Tura, Meghalaya. The registration fee includes lecture materials (soft copy) & working lunch, which may be transferred by NEFT or Online Banking to the BIF A/C at SBI, Chandmari, Tura.
- To download the registration form, click here.
- Candidates are requested to send the filled-in application form to Dr. B. K. Mishra Coordinator, BIF Centre, Department of RDAP, NEHU, Tura Campus, Tura – 794002, Meghalaya.
- The last date to register is March 10, 2020.
- Limited Number of accommodation will be available for the selected participants on the first-come-first-serve manner in the NEHU guest house on sharing and payment basis.
Phone Number: +91-9436306259
Email ID: email@example.com