About the Training
Geoinformatics encompasses multiple disciplines viz. GIS, remote sensing, geodesy, GPS and cartography. It has tremendous utility and applications in decisions involving locational data, or data with spatial dimensions. It deals with both spatial and non-spatial data. It covers all aspects of spatial and non-spatial data management like acquisition, storage, manipulation, analysis, display and modelling etc.
Applications of geoinformatics are mainly oriented to real world management problems pertaining to natural as well as man-made environments. The short training in Geo-informatics aims to provide conceptual knowledge as well as hands on training on GIS, remote sensing and related fields including GPS, DGPS and ETS. The training module contents have been developed keeping in view the emerging trends in the field of Geo-informatics and to meet the increasing needs of skilled manpower.
- Well-equipped air conditioned computer labs with internet facility, each trainee works exclusively on his/her computer.
- All popular, powerful and user friendly softwares including Arc-GIS, ERDAS imagine, Geomedia, ENVI, I-GIS and open source softwares like Q-GIS
- 21-weeks long with 252 hours’ theory/lab/project.
- 3 hours per day theory + lab sessions – 4 days a week.
- Continuouslab and internal assessments during the training programme.
- Free textbooks/course materials provided for various modules.
- Expert faculties from academics and ICT industry with widespread subject and practical knowledge.
- Updated training content with the latest trends in the ICT industry.
- Tutorials, hands-on and projects relevant to the Govt. depts./ ICT industry.
- Addendum on quantitative aptitude, general English, effective communication, and interview skills.
|Selling of Application forms:||29.01.2020|
|Last date of apply:||25.02.2020|
|Last date of payment of Training Fees:||05.03.2020|
|Commencement of Training:||16.03.2020|
- Graduate/Post Graduate in Applied Sciences/ Geography/ Geology/ Physics/Computational Sciences/ Mathematics or allied areas, OR
- Graduate in Engineering or equivalent Computer Science/ IT or related areas, OR
- Students pursuing their Graduation after completing their first year as well as continuing Post-Graduate students may also apply, OR
- State government employees working in the field of water resource management, forestry, land resource management, mining, disaster management. Others professionals working in the private sector may also apply.
Application form can be obtained from XISS office counter by paying Rs. 100/- and tax OR The form can be downloaded from official website of XISS. In such cases, the applicant has to attach a Demand Draft of Rs. 100/- drawn in favour of Xavier Institute of Social Service payable at Ranchi while submitting the application form.
Dr. Camil Bulcke Path