The Welcome Trust invites applications for its Training Fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine, offering research experience and training to early-stage researchers from low and middle-income countries. The scheme aims to support research that will improve public health and tropical medicine at a local, national and global level.
A Training Fellowship in Public Health and Tropical Medicine is normally for three years, and can be held on a part-time basis. The fellowship can be for up to four years if they want to do Master’s training or a diploma course relevant to the research proposal. The support includes:
- a basic salary (determined by their host organisation);
- personal removal expenses;
- research expenses, directly related to their proposal;
- course fees – in most cases, applicants must register for their higher degree at a local academic organisation.
- Applicant must be a researcher based in a low- or middle-income country. Applicants must want to undertake a guided period of research so that they can consolidate their existing experience and explore new areas of research.
- Applicant must have a PhD and be an early-career researcher, a degree in a subject relevant to public health or tropical medicine and some initial research experience and a degree in medicine and be qualified to enter higher specialist training and some initial research experience.
- Submit your preliminary application here.View the Sample preliminary application form for Intermediate Fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine. View the Sample full application form: Training Fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine here.
- Submit full application. View the Sample full application form: Training Fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine here.
- The Public Health and Tropical Medicine Interview Committee will shortlist applications.
- Interviews take place at the Wellcome offices in London. Travel and accommodation costs will be provided. If successful, applicant must take up the fellowship within one year of the award.
- Deadline : May 9
- Phone No.: +44 (0)20 7611 5757
- Address: Gibbs Building, 215 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE, UK.