Applications are now open for the TRACE Investigative Reporting Fellowship 2021. The Fellowship is being offered by the Alfred Friendly Press Partners, USA.
TRACE and Alfred Friendly share the belief in the power of investigative journalism to hold the powerful accountable and strengthen democracies. The fellowship program begins with a three-week orientation and training seminar at the Missouri School of Journalism in Columbia, Missouri designed to prepare the fellows-both personally and professionally – for the challenges of living and working in the United States.
Topics for seminars and hands-on training include ethics, writing, editing, multimedia reporting, investigative reporting, and data journalism. In the middle of the program, fellows and staff come together for advanced training sessions. Fellows join the staff of one or more major U.S. media outlets for five months.
- The fellowship covers all costs of program-related international and domestic U.S. travel, health insurance, and provides a monthly stipend to cover basic living expenses.
- It is highly recommended that fellows bring additional money with them. While family members may visit for up to one month, they cannot accompany the fellow for the duration of the fellowship.
- Open to early-career professional journalists from developing countries.
- The successful candidate will be 25-35 years old and have at least three years of experience as a journalist at a print, online, or broadcast media outlet.
- Participants working as staff reporters in their host newsrooms are required to develop training plans that they implement when they return to their home newsrooms.
How to Apply?
To download the application form, click here. Candidates applying for the fellowship need to submit the following documents:
- CV/ Resume
- Essays: Professional Statement, Individual Fellowship Goals
- Letter of Reference
- Employer’s Employment
- Press Credentials
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of Driver’s License
Candidates are requested to fill the complete form and documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the email should be TRACE Fellowship Application AFPP. The last date to submit the applications is September 16, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Fetisov Journalism Awards 2020 [Awards Worth Rs. 1 Cr]: Apply by Aug 1.