NIT Silchar is organising ICC Toy Tale- National Level Toy Making competition for students of Class VI to XII for the year 2020. The last date of registration submission is 17 December 2020.
About NIT Silchar
National Institute of Technology (NIT) Silchar, an institute of national importance under the NIT Act, was established in 1967 as Regional Engineering College (REC) Silchar in Assam.
In the year 2002, it was upgraded to the status of NIT from REC. NIT Silchar has situated on the banks of river Barak and a sprawling campus spread over 600 acres of land on Silchar outskirts. The landscape of NIT Silchar is beautiful with natural lakes and hillocks, surrounded by tea gardens.
- Regional Toys: Made of clay, pith, wood and bamboo, cloth, mud, Cane and bamboo toys, indicating culture of Assam.
- Educational Toys: Ability to participate in teaching and learning process.
- Science Toys: Make Toys From Household/Electronics Material That Demonstrates Scientific Principles.
5 Scholarships for School Students
- Last date of registration: 17th Dec. 2020
- Short listing of the participants: 18th Dec. 2020.
- Initial online meeting of the organizers with the registered participants: 19th Dec. 2020
- Last date of submission of the toy design (soft copy/hard copy): 28th Dec. 2020
Interested candidates can register via this page.
- Winner: Certificates + Mementoes + prize(s) equivalent to INR 5000.00
- 1st Runner up: Certificates + Mementoes + prize(s) equivalent to INR 3000.00
- 2nd Runner up: Certificates + Mementoes + prize(s) equivalent to INR 2000.00
- Special Mentioned Awards (3 No.): Certificate + Memento + a prize equivalent to INR 1000 per selected entry.
- If a student/group want to register for more than one category, he/she/they are required to fill the separate registration form.
- Send a video of 10-15 Minutes along with write-up. Student can take help their parents/ guardian/ school teacher (as a mentor), for recording of video and preparing the document file (Technical Report), in which making of real prototype Toy will be demonstrated.
- Only Hindi or English language is allowed for description in the video.
- Show steps in details for toy-making process. For video recording, use wide angle (hold mobile/ camera in horizontal position). Do not rotate mobile/ camera while recording (hold your camera in a fixed position).
- The participant must be visible in the video during the demonstration and prototype making process.
- Photo ID Proof: Scan Copy of ID card of School or any other relevant document any Identify card.
- The design should be innovative that leads to low cost toy production.
- Please mention the approximate material cost and production time for the proposed toy.
Dr. Munmun Khanra:: 8474801777
Dr. Sumit Bhowmik: 8011886455
Dr. Manas Kr. Bera: 9775693776
Dr. Bipul Das: 7002192310