Are you looking for Top Scholarship for PG (Postgraduate) Students in India? There are numerous Govt schemes as well as Private Institutions that help you to cut-short your financial crisis. AICTE and UGC offer some great schemes to students for PG Scholarships. Even many States in India also have amazing Scholarship schemes for PG Students.
AICTE Post Graduate (PG- GATE/ GPAT) Scholarship
AICTE in order to ensure the development of technical education in India awards Post Graduate Scholarship of Rs. 12,400/- per month to full-time GATE/GPAT qualified students admitted to AICTE approved postgraduate programs in AICTE approved Institutions/ University Departments.
- Eligibility: Having a valid GATE/ GPAT score at the time of admission. Must be admitted as a full-time scholar.
- Amount: The Scholarship under the scheme is Rs. 12,400/- per month per student.
- Duration: The Scholarship is tenable for 24 months or for the duration of the course.
- Contact: pgscholarship[at]aicte-india.org
S.N. Bose Scholars Program
To nurture future innovators and thought leaders, the Science & Engineering Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India, the Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) and WINStep Forward have partnered to develop a dynamic and transformative student exchange program between premier institutions in India and the United States.
- Eligibility: Indian citizens currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters’ degree at a recognized institution of higher education and learning in India. Open to students of Atmospheric and Earth Sciences; Chemical Sciences; Engineering Sciences; Mathematical and Computational Sciences; and, Physical Sciences.
- Program Dates: May-July
- Amount: Fully Funded
- Contact: bose[at]indousstf.org
GyanDhan Scholarship 2020 for PG Studies Abroad
The GyanDhan scholarship is a one-time award that will be given to a student at the beginning of the academic year. Irrespective of the course and the country, one student will be awarded the scholarship for their postgraduate program. The scholarship is merit-based and will be presented to the student with excellent academic records and caliber.
- Eligibility: Students who want to pursue a 2-year postgraduate course in the US, Canada, UK, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand & Germany.
- Amount: The scholarship amount is INR 1 lakh.
- Contact: aman.jain[at]gyandhan.com
Manohar Parrikar Goa Scholars Scheme for PG Programmes
The Department of Education, Govt. of Goa announced a scholarship scheme for postgraduate and doctoral studies. The aim of the scholarship is to promote the talented younger population of Goa by recognizing the meritorious and outstanding candidates by providing scholarship.
Every year 20 outstanding Scholars shall be selected and awarded under the Scheme. However in certain circumstances for reasons to be recorded more wards can be granted on the recommendation of the Selection Committee with the approval of the Government provided the total number of awards shall not exceed 30.
- Eligibility: You should be a resident of Goa for a minimum period of 15 years. However, if you are of Goan origin, and have pursued your academic studies for a minimum period of 7 years in Goa out of your entire academic career with residence in Goa shall also be considered for the Scholarship.
- Scholarships seats: 20
- Contact: dir-dhe.goa[at]nic.in
UGC Scholarship for PG Students
University Grants Commission (UGC) offers numerous Scholarships for PG Students every year. Some of the well-know UGC Scholarships for PG Students are: Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship Scheme For Single Girl Child, Post Graduate Merit Scholarship Scheme For University Rank Holders In General & Honours Courses At Undergraduate Level, Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC/ST Candidates.
Post Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders
To emerge as a powerful nation, there is an urgent need to bring in talented boys and girls in the field of Post-Graduate education by way of providing them good incentives in the form of scholarships. The UGC, therefore, introduced a Post-Graduate Merit Scholarship Scheme for University undergraduate rank holders.
- Eligibility: The First and Second Rank holders at undergraduate level and admitted in any Postgraduate Course would be awarded the scholarship. The students will have to submit the proof of their merit position at undergraduate level as well as their admission in postgraduate courses.
- Slots: 3000
- Tenure of scholarship: Two years
Post Graduate Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST
The scheme has been initiated keeping in view the social background of the candidates from the deprived section of the society and to provide them opportunity to undertake postgraduate level studies in Professional subjects like Engineering & Technology, Management, Pharmacy etc. in Indian Universities/Institutions/ Colleges.
- Eligibility: The candidate must have obtained Graduate degree in the relevant subject and obtained admission at Postgraduate level for regular full time course in any of the Professional subject in a recognized University/ Institution/ College.
- Slots: 1000/ year
- Amount: Candidates selected for the award of PG scholarships shall be provided Scholarship @Rs.5000/-per month (M.Tech.) with the contingency of Rs. 15000/- per annum and for other courses @ Rs.3000/- per month and contingency grant of Rs.10,000/- per annum for the duration of the PG Scholarship for other courses.
Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child For PG Programs
It is observed that number of girls as against boys in certain states is declining which is a matter of great concern. The females are even forced to give birth to male child. In such circumstances education of women needs to be used and effective means for their empowerment and education will prepare them to have a control over their lives.
The mindset which militates against the girl child could not keep pace with economic progress and literacy. The Govt. of India declared elementary education as a basic human right of every child. The Union Government of India has taken various steps to uplift the status of women by implementing various schemes including free education for girls.
In order to achieve and promote girls education, UGC has introduced a Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child with an aim to compensate direct costs of girl education to all levels especially for such girls who happen to be the only girl child in their family.
- Eligibility: Girl students without having any brother or the girl student who are twin daughters/ fraternal daughter may also apply for scholarship under the aforesaid scheme. In a family if one son and one daughter is available then girl child will not be considered for scholarship under the scheme. Girl students up to the age of 30 years at the time of admission in PG courses are eligible.
- Amount: @Rs.3100/-per month
- Slots: 1200/ Year
Along with these mentioned PG Scholarships in India, there are few more that can help you cope up with the financial crisis of your higher studies.