The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai invites applications for the post of Statistician at the institute.
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) was established in 1936 and was awarded the ‘Deemed to be University status in 1964. TISS is fully funded by the University Grants Commission, Government of India, and operates from its main campus in Mumbai, and the off-campuses at Tuljapur, Guwahati, and Hyderabad.
The candidate shall report directly to the Programme Coordinator at iCALL, and shall assist with the following:
- Checking, cleaning, and coding existing call and email related data
- Applying advanced statistical analyses and working with large datasets
- Using statistical software for assessing results and analyzing data trends
- Presenting complex statistical information effectively in a variety of formats to different stakeholders iCALL works with (such as mental health professionals, social workers, government and non-governmental organizations, the corporate sector).
- Acting in a consultancy capacity for various ongoing research projects at iCALL and implementing data gathering/management models.
- Possess a full-time Master’s Degree in Psychology/ Human Development/ Social Work (with a Mental Health specialization) from a recognized and reputed University.
- Have at least 1 year of prior experience of working with social sciences/ mental health/ psychological data.
- Should have a sound understanding of a wide variety of statistical methods and data analyses.
- Should know to apply their deep knowledge of statistics in diverse contexts.
- Speak English and Hindi and preferably one regional Indian language fluently.
- Possess excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
- Be skilled in the use of computers and statistical software for the purpose of documentation, data analysis (quantitative & qualitative).
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate findings of the statistical analyses.
Please note that this is a full-time position. Salary shall be INR 25,000 per month
How to Apply?
Desirous candidates may send their résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org before 20th May 2021 with the subject line ‘Application for the post of Statistician’. Late applications shall not be entertained.
Eligible candidates will undergo a telephonic interview and, upon clearing the same, only those who are selected will be contacted for the second round of an in-depth interview. Data of joining shall be agreed upon mutually.
For full notification, click the link below.
For more such opportunities, check below: