The Centre for Education Innovation and Action Research (CEIAR), Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai invites applications for the post of Senior Finance & Admin Manager at the institute.
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) was established in 1936 and was awarded the ‘deemed to be university’ status in 1964. TISS is fully funded by the University Grants Commission, Government of India, and operates from its main campus in Mumbai, and the off-campuses at Tuljapur, Guwahati, and Hyderabad.
Senior Finance & Admin Manager (01)
- Responsible for preparing budgets for various proposals.
- Responsible for complete maintenance of Accounts / Day to Day Accounting of expenses, cash, and bank.
- Handling of petty cash.
- The person will ensure that effective management systems are in place for the program to continuously adapt and improve.
- Preparing of MIS, Budget, monitoring of all grants/ projects and partners accounts, cash flow statements, and projections
- The person will ensure that effective fund management and utilization systems are in place for the projects to continuously adapt and improve.
- Liaison with auditors for getting the grants utilization certificates.
- The person will be responsible for administering the funds according to the approved budget and report effectively to the donor, in consultation with the Programme Director.
- The person will perform any other task as assigned by the Programme Director.
- The person will be expected to handle/ supervise the financial planning, accounting & administrative matters and interact with TISS accounts for submission/ release of funds.
- Bachelor/ Master’s Degree in Commerce /Management (Finance) / CA plus 3 to 5 years of Post Qualification Experience (preferably in NGO sector) handling financial planning and analysis, grant management, account reconciliation, bank reconciliation, etc.
- Working knowledge of Tally ERP 9.
- Knowledge of GST and Income Tax.
- Strong people management skills, ability to monitor multiple streams of work, and coordinate staff.
- Highly motivated; strong analytical skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and liaison with TISS finance and accounts section.
You might also be interested in Program Associate at TISS Mumbai: Apply by Jan 6.
The gross monthly remuneration for the position will be Rs.75,000 to 100,000. Offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience, and salary history of the selected candidate.
How to Apply?
The application fee of Rs 1000/- to be paid online. The SC/ST/PWD candidates are required to pay fees of Rs. 250/- if they attach the required certificate to the online application form. The women candidates are waived from the payment of application fees.
The application will be valid only on receipt of the application fee for those who are required to pay. Fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is January 20, 2021. The Institute reserves the right to not fill up the vacancy advertised. The Institute reserves the right to invite persons for interviews who may not have applied for the vacancy as per the above procedure.
For full notification, click the link below.