The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai is inviting applications for the post of Counsellor under its Saksham program.
Saksham which means “Capable” or “Self-reliant” in Sanskrit is a TISS project that implements counseling services for Drug-Resistant (DR) TB patients in collaboration with the Mumbai District Tuberculosis (TB) Control Society (MDTCS). The program supported by the Global Fund for AIDS, TB, and Malaria was initiated in August 2014.
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) which was established in 1936 is Deemed to be a University fully funded by the University Grant Commission (UGC), Government of India. TISS offers Master Degree Programmes, M. Phil. And Ph.D. Programs in the field of Social Work, Social Sciences, Health, Management, Labour Studies, Habitat Studies, and Rural Development from its Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati, and Hyderabad Campuses.
- Register Drug Resistant (DR) TB patients for counseling services and provide regular counseling to ensure treatment adherence.
- Undertake home visits to DR TB patients within the district for providing follow-up counseling
- Provide counseling services to family members of the DR TB patients and refer them for TB diagnosis if required
- Liaise with District TB staff to monitor treatment adherence of TB patient at the community level
- Improve TB-HIV linkages and link with ART centers.
- Link DR TB patients to social protection schemes and other health services as required
- Ensure timely documentation & reporting as per program need.
- Maintain registers and records as per Saksham, TISS guidelines
- Attend quarterly meetings as specified by Saksham, TISS.
- A post-graduate in Social Work (Health & Mental Health or Public Health or Community Organization)/ M.A. (Counselling or Clinical Psychology)/ Master in Public Health/ Master in Health Administration. MSW in HR will not be considered.
- Preference will be given to local candidates and selected candidates will have to work in the Government District TB Centre and undertake home visits in the community.
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years of work experience in health-related counseling. E.g., HIV/AIDS, RCH, TB, STI, ART, suicide prevention.
- Good communication skills – written as well as spoken – in English, Hindi, and local Language.
- Knowledge of MS Office-Word, Excel, and PPT.
- Willingness to travel within the assigned district.
- Willingness to work with TB patients and their caregivers.
- Local candidates from Bundi will be preferred.
You might also be interested in Counsellors (Part-Time) at TISS, Mumbai [2 Vacancies]: Apply by Dec 31.
Rs. 17,000/- per month.
How to Apply?
Please send the following documents by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following subject line as ‘Counselor, Bundi – Saksham Pravaah’:
- A Cover Letter (Mention the district applying for)
- Your updated curriculum vitae with your academic record and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed about the interview. The last date to apply is December 28, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.