The iCALL Psychosocial Helpline, Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai invites applications for the post of ‘Research Assistant.
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) was established in 1936 and was awarded the ‘deemed to be university’ status in 1964. TISS is fully funded by the University Grants Commission, Government of India, and operates from its main campus in Mumbai, and the off-campuses at Tuljapur, Guwahati, and Hyderabad.
Research Assistant (01)
The candidate shall report directly to the Programme Coordinator at iCALL, and shall assist with the following:
- Constructing the quantitative and qualitative tools and formats for undertaking data collection.
- Traveling across various states in India and collecting primary data as and when required, after the pandemic.
- Transcribing and documenting the data.
- Analyzing the data to help determine the training needs of counselors.
- Designing the content of a training curriculum as well as helping with the conduction of the training.
- Conducting training online as well as through contact classes in Mumbai, Madhya Pradesh, and Rajasthan.
- Writing monthly and weekly reports for periodic evaluation of the project.
- Writing the reports for the project to be submitted to the UNFPA.
- Helping with the organization of dissemination of the findings of the project in India.
- Managing administrative processes within TISS for implementation of the project.
- Have a post-graduate degree in mental health/ psychology/ social work/ public health from a recognized university.
- Have experience working in the area of adolescent wellbeing and mental health.
- Have at least two years of experience as a researcher working with primary data.
- Be extremely fluent in reading and writing in Hindi as well as English.
- The position is for a period of one year and will be extended depending on performance. Please note that this is a full-time position based out of Mumbai.
You might also be interested in Senior Research Officer (Part-Time) at TISS Mumbai: Apply by Jan 15.
The candidate will be offered a salary of 30000 per month. Candidate must be able to join immediately.
How to Apply?
Desirous candidates may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th January 2020 with the subject line ‘Application for the post of Full-Time Research Assistant’.
The Late applications shall not be entertained. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview at TISS. The selected candidate would have to be based in Mumbai for the duration of the project.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.