The Centre for Public Health, Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai is currently looking for 1 research staff for ICMR funded research project at the institute.
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) which was established in 1936 is Deemed to be a University fully funded by the University Grant Commission (UGC), Government of India. TISS offers Master Degree Programmes, M. Phil. And Ph.D. Programs in the field of Social Work, Social Sciences, Health, Management, Labour Studies, Habitat Studies, and Rural Development from its Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati, and Hyderabad Campuses.
Research Assistant/ Field investigator (01)
- Assist the Project Technical Officer/ Research Officer to organize and manage various activities pertaining to the project.
- To work with the team in preparing data collection tools based on the objective of the project.
- To organize, conduct, and supervise data collection from health systems (municipal corporation), and its health facilities primary (Ambulance services), secondary and tertiary emergency care facilities at hospitals.
- Liaison with key informants, resource persons, and stakeholders for data collection.
- To supervise, monitor and document systematically the data collected.
- To assist the Research officer in the collection and analysis of secondary data and other relevant literature.
- To collate and analyze findings from the data collected and assist in the drafting of the report.
- Any other work towards operationalization of the project as directed by Principal Investigator.
- Post Graduate degree in Public Health, Health Administration, Hospital Administration, Nursing, social work, disaster management with subjects on research methodology and dissertation as part of their degree are eligible to apply.
- Well versed in quantitative and qualitative research.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills in English, Hindi, and Marathi.
- Experience in working in the field, managing relationships at institutional levels and government departments along with managing teams.
- Availability and willingness to travel for work.
- Minimum of 1-year experience of research-related work in the field of health with specific experience with health services knowledge will be an advantage.
- Experience in Health Services research
- Certificate/ PG diploma / degree in emergency care
- Working knowledge of data analysis packages like SPSS, Excel, and Atlasti.
- Fluency in Marathi.
Rs. 31,000/- per month with fieldwork allowance.
How to Apply?
For the position, interested candidates can send their applications and curriculum vitae with references to The Chairperson, Centre for Public Health, School of Health Systems Studies, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai Email: email@example.com. Please mention the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate to be called for an interview. The requirements of minimum qualification and/ or experience may be relaxed in the case of candidates with outstanding credentials. No correspondence will be entertained from candidates regarding any delays, conduct, and results of interviews and reasons for not being called for an interview.
Dr. Mathew George
Professor, Centre for Public Health,
School of Health Systems Studies
Tata Institute of Social Sciences
For full notification, click the link below.