The Jamsetji Tata School for Disaster Studies, Tata Institute of Social Science (TISS), Mumbai invites applications for the post of a Part-Time Consultant for the UKERI: Study In India Virtual Program.
The Jamsetji Tata School for Disaster Studies, Tata Institute of Social Science has been awarded the UKERI Study in India Programme in Virtual mode in partnership with the Coventry University, UK.
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) was established in 1936 and was awarded the ‘deemed to be university’ status in 1964. TISS is fully funded by the University Grants Commission, Government of India, and operates from its main campus in Mumbai, and the off-campuses at Tuljapur, Guwahati, and Hyderabad.
A week-long program is to be developed and coordinated between two Universities from different time zones and the consultant is required to have the following competencies for the same:
- The position requires the individual to have adequate knowledge about disaster studies and HRVA methodologies.
- The individual should be well-versed with academic content development, training pedagogy, and delivery (experience of online program development and delivery preferred).
- Proficient in online and secondary source review and research.
- Expected to have good quantitative data analysis, qualitative data collection, and video making skills
- Managing Logistics and coordination of the one-week online program.
- Proficient in administrative tasks.
Master’s in Disaster Management/ Disaster Studies, Social Science or Management, Social Work, and affiliated fields. Experience in online teaching, video content development, and research skills will be preferred. The Consultant will report directly to the Chairperson, Center for Disaster Management, JTSDS, TISS.
Consolidated Amount of 1,50,000/- (Will be paid in three installments of 50,000 each – I – Upon Submission of Joining Letter, II – Upon Submission of Programme Content including Video, & III – Upon completion of the online program and the final report).
How to Apply?
Candidates interested to apply for the job are requested to email a copy of their recent CV to the following email address along with a sample of their academic writing. The subject of the email should be “Position of Consultant (Short Term), Centre for Disaster Management, JTSDS”, and mailed to email@example.com The last date for application is 30th Nov 2020.
Candidates selected for the position will be intimated on their contact email address and should be prepared to join by 15th December 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.