Sukoon, a field action project of the School of Human Ecology at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai is inviting applications for the post of Counsellor (part-time).
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) which was established in 1936 is Deemed to be a University fully funded by the University Grant Commission (UGC), Government of India. TISS offers Master Degree Programmes, M. Phil. And Ph.D. Programs in the field of Social Work, Social Sciences, Health, Management, Labour Studies, Habitat Studies, and Rural Development from its Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati, and Hyderabad Campuses.
Counsellors (Part-Time) (02)
- This position will entail working with individuals and couples who are currently undergoing matrimonial disputes at the Family Courts of Bandra and Thane, District and Sessions Court, Kalyan, District Legal Services Authority, Bandra, and the Mumbai High Court.
- The Counsellor will provide individual and/ or couples counseling to the couples from these respective courts.
- Counselors will conduct sessions virtually, till state lockdown guidelines permit for local travel.
- Following this, counselors will be required to travel to courts for sessions.
- The counselor will be required to travel across these different settings all over Mumbai.
- The counselor will also be responsible for conducting group counseling and/or workshops for the key stakeholders of the court system.
- The job also entails liaising with the respective Court officials such as Marriage Counsellors and Judges for referrals.
- Documentation of the work conducted at these centers in the form of reports is expected.
- Networking with women’s organizations, Family counseling centers, and other services that are relevant for litigants’ psycho-social well-being is expected.
M.A. in Counselling/ Clinical Psychology is required along with a minimum of 2 years of experience working in the field in the capacity of a Counsellor. Preference will be given to those candidates who have additional qualifications such as having completed specialized courses in Couples and Family Therapy OR demonstrating direct experience working as a couples/ family therapist.
Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in working with legal settings. The candidate should have proficiency in English, Hindi, and Marathi.
You might also be interested in Research Assistant/ Field investigator (Under ICMR Funded Project) at TISS, Mumbai: Apply by Dec 14.
Rs. 1,32,000 – 1,56,000 Per Annum
The appointment for the post is for 1 year which can be renewed in the following year. The counselor (part-time) will work for 2 full days at the Courts. Additionally, the counselor may also be required to travel to TISS for meetings and training as scheduled.
How to Apply?
Desirous candidates may send their résumé to email@example.com before 31/12/2020 with the subject line “Application for the post of Counsellor”. Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.