Applications are invited from dedicated and young candidates for the THSTI-JNU Ph.D. program 2020-21 under biomedical research. The Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI) is a part of the inter-disciplinary Biotech Science Cluster at Faridabad in the National Capital Region.
THSTI is designed to be a dynamic and interactive organization with a mission to conduct innovative translational research across disciplines and professions to accelerate the development of concepts into products to improve human health. THSTI is a recognized R&D institute of the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi offering doctoral programs in biomedical science research.
The thematic areas of ongoing research are:
- Infection & Immunology
- Maternal & Child Health
- Non-Communicable Disease
- Multidisciplinary Clinical & Translational Research
The candidate must fulfill one of the following criteria:
- Should have a Master’s degree in any branch of biomedical/ life sciences (including veterinary science, public health, pharmaceutical sciences), bioinformatics, chemistry, computer science or mathematics or a B Tech in Biotechnology from a recognized university with at least 55% marks or its equivalent (e.g.: grade B in the UGC 7-point scale).
- Must have qualified in the JRF examination of CSIR, UGC, ICMR, DBT (category I only), NBHM, or AYUSH-NET which provides fellowship for their Ph.D. program.
Group B: (THSTI fellowship equivalent to the CSIR-UGC Fellowship amount)
- Should have MBBS/ MD/ MDS/ MPH from a recognized university/institute with at least 55% marks or its equivalent OR
- BE/B.Tech. (computer science/ biotechnology/ biomedical engineering/ mechanical/ electronics/ electrical engineering)/ B. Pharma or post-graduate degree in Life Sciences (all disciplines), pharmacy, medicinal chemistry, chemistry, physics, mathematics or bioinformatics from a recognized university/institute with at least 55% marks or its equivalent along with NET-LS/DBT-II category or a valid GPAT/GATE qualification OR
- Should have SRF fellowship from ICMR, CSIR.
Candidates appearing in the final qualifying examination may also apply. However, they will be required to fulfill the above academic/ fellowship criteria at the time of joining the Ph.D. program i.e. by 1st July 2020.
Students from group A, selected for admission to the Ph.D. program and holding fellowship from any of the above agencies have to activate their own fellowship. Students selected from Group B will be awarded THSTI fellowship equivalent to the CSIR-UGC Fellowship amount.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- Non-refundable application fee of Rs. 500 for General and OBC candidates, and Rs. 250 for SC/ST/Women/differently-abled candidates should be paid through online mode.
- The last date to apply online is May 20, 2020.
- The names of shortlisted candidates for Group A and Group B will be announced on our website by 29th May 2020.
Phone Number: 0129-2876300/350
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in NIPER Joint Entrance Examination 2020 for M.Sc & Ph.D. [Exam on June 14]: Apply by May 15.