University Institute Of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh is organizing a Three-Round National Quiz Competition to celebrate “Republic Day” on January 26, 2021 under the guidance of Prof. (Dr.) Raj Kumar (Chief Patron), Vice Chancellor, Panjab University, Chandigarh; Prof. (Dr.) Rajinder Kaur, Director, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh; Dr. Pushpinder Kaur, Associate Professor (Law), University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
About Panjab University
One of the oldest Universities in India, the Panjab University (PU) initiated at Lahore in 1882, has a long tradition of pursuing excellence in teaching and research in science and technology, humanities, social sciences, performing arts, and sports.
The glorious traditions of the University established during more than 133 years of its long service to the nation since its inception are a source of inspiration for the present generation of faculty members and students. Panjab University has been accredited with a CGPA of 3.35 on a four-point scale at A Grade valid for 5 years from 25/06/2015.
It ranked 1st among Universities of India and 38th in Asia, Times Higher Education Asian University rankings 2015. It ranked number one University in India and the bracket 276-300 internationally in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, 2014-2015 powered by Thomson Reuters. It was ranked 39th by the Times Higher Education among BRICS & Emerging Economies.
About UILS, Chandigarh
University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) was established as the constituent department of Panjab University, in the academic session 2004-05. During a short period, it has emerged as one of the premier legal Institutes with a unique blend of tradition and modernity. Students are trained in the essence of the substantive laws, techniques of procedural laws, methods of client counseling, and skills in legal and social sciences research, etc.
The Moot Court Competitions, Client Counseling Sessions, Quiz Contests, Seminars, Group Discussions, and Extension Lectures, etc. are a regular feature of the academic calendar of the Institute. The Institute’s Legal Aid Clinic, which provides free legal services to the economically weaker sections of the society as a part of the community outreach program of the Institute, also offers opportunities to the students to work in co-ordination with practicing lawyers.
About the Quiz
This “Three Round Quiz” will be the first of its kind is organized to celebrate India’s 72nd Republic Day on January 26, 2021.
Republic Day of India (January 26)
- The competition is open to all the students pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s/PG degree or Certificate course from any affiliated University/College/Institute.
- No restriction on the number of entries from one college or university.
- Competition is open to the students of the school also.
- No restriction on the number of entries from any one school.
Subject to be Covered in Quiz
- Freedom Struggle of India
- Freedom Fighters of India
- Republic Day of India
- History of Indian Constitution & Constituent Assembly of India
- Landmark Cases on the Basic Structure of the Indian Constitution
Scheme of Quiz
- There will be no negative marking for the quiz.
- All the questions in the quiz will be in the Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ’s) format.
- The participant who submits the quiz earlier will be preferred in case of a tie between participants.
The competition will have 3 Rounds the rule of each is described as follows:
- All participants are required to attempt the Round 1 of the Quiz via Google Form Link sent on the WhatsApp Group made for the purpose.
- Round 1 will be held on January 26, 2021 (06:30 PM to 07:00 PM).
- The Result of the same will be declared on January 26, 2021 (10 PM) on WhatsApp Group made for the purpose.
- The participants registering for the quiz via Google Registration form will receive a confirmation mail from our side via mail.
- The Confirmation mail will have the link to join WhatsApp Group upon which all the important updates regarding the quiz and the link of the competition will be sent.
- The Top 50 winners from Round 1 will be sent another confirmation mail containing another link to join a new Whatsapp Group for the Round 2 Quiz.
- Round 2 will be held on January 29, 2021 (06:30 PM to 06:45 PM).
- The Result of the same will be declared on January 29, 2021 (10 PM) on WhatsApp Group made for the purpose.
- The Top 10 winners from Round 2 will be sent another confirmation mail containing another link to join a new Whatsapp Group for the Round 2 Quiz.
- Round 3 will be held on January 31, 2021 (06:30 PM to 06:37 PM).
- The Result of the same will be declared on January 31, 2021 (10 PM) on WhatsApp Group made for the purpose.
- The 1ST Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 750 + Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- The 2ND Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 500+ Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- The next top 10 winners will get a Certificate of Recognition (E-Certificate).
- The next top 50 winners will get a Certificate of Commendation (E-Certificate).
- All the participants of the Quiz will be given the Certificate of Participation (E-Certificate).
How to Register?
- Interested participants can register for the quiz through this link.
- No Registration Fee for the Competition.
|TASK||DATE||DAY & TIME|
|Release of Registration Form||January 12, 2021||Tuesday|
|Last Date of Registration||January 24, 2021||Sunday midnight|
|Quiz Competition (Round 1)||January 26, 2021||Tuesday from 06:30 PM to 07:00 PM|
|Result Declaration (Round 1)||January 26, 2021||Tuesday at 10 PM|
|Quiz Competition (Round 2)||January 29, 2021||Friday from 06:30 PM to 06:45 PM|
|Result Declaration (Round 2)||January 29, 2021||Friday at 10 PM|
|Quiz Competition (Round 3)||January 31, 2021||Sunday from 06:30 PM to 06:37 PM|
|Result Declaration (Round 3)||January 31, 2021||Sunday at 10 PM|
|Receiving of Certificates||February 08, 2021||Monday|
Vaibhav Goyal: 9781520216
Tanya Singla: 8699301897
Supriya Aggarwal: 9501641789