Entries are now invited by the Thomson Reuters Foundation for COVID-19: The Bigger Picture Photo Competition 2020.
Could your picture tell a thousand words? Then the camera is in your hands. Our photo competition is open to anyone with a passion for turning the lens on the real lives behind the headlines, and an ability to capture the most powerful images of the pandemic’s impact on everyday people.
You don’t have to be a photographer or a journalist to apply; we’re calling for all visual storytellers to capture the untold consequences of COVID-19 on people’s lives and livelihoods.
- Winners of the Award will receive photojournalism masterclasses delivered by the Thomson Reuters Foundation’s world-leading trainers.
- Participants will hone their existing story-telling skills as well as build on them through tailored workshops and mentoring.
- They will also each be offered the opportunity to work alongside the Thomson Reuters Foundation’s news team on a story that will be shared via the Foundation’s global distribution network.
- The Award is open to all people with an interest in photography, may the extent of their interest be professional, amateur, journalistic, a hobby, opportunistic, or even accidental. All entries should focus on the theme of the human impact of COVID-19.
- The Award is open only to those who are at least 18 years of age on the last date for entry. Proof of age may be required.
- Photographs submitted may be published or unpublished. All Photographs must be original (meaning not using third party copyright materials) but can be pre-existing or created especially for this Award.
- Entrants must be available to attend the online masterclass, which will be taught in English.
- This is provisionally scheduled for January 2021, but reasonable notice of the final dates will be provided to the winning Entrants.
All participants must submit their entry online via the Award Website. Entrants may only submit 1 (one) Photograph comprising a single image. A collage or photography series will not be accepted. Entries by the same person in excess of the limits stated herein will be disqualified.
Call for Entries
To submit your entries online, click here. The last date to submit your entries is October 28, 2020.
Phone Number: +91(0)02261807086
For full notification, click the link below.