Entries are open for the Thomson Foundation Annual Young Journalist Award 2020.
The Thomson Foundation Young Journalist Award 2020 is a celebration of emerging journalistic talent. The Young Journalist Award – in partnership with the UK Foreign Press Association – is Thomson Foundation’s annual journalism competition dedicated to finding and inspiring ambitious journalists from across the globe.
Now in its eighth year, the award enables journalists aged 30 and under, from countries with a Gross National Income (GNI) per capita of less than $20,000, to send in their best stories. Judges of the award look for stories that are revelatory, prompt public debate, and have led to, or have the potential to lead to, positive change in society.
- Open to Journalists working in the developing world and in emerging economies
- Entrants must be 30 years of age or under on 23rd November 2020.
- If you are a journalist aged 30 and under working in a country with a Gross National Income (GNI) of less than $20,000, you are eligible to enter the award.
- Entries can be in any language but should be accompanied by a verbatim English-language translation.
- Entries should be accompanied by a letter from the applicant’s current editor, on headed company notepaper verifying that it is the published work of the entrant.
- Where an entrant is freelance, or self-employed, verification can be provided by an editor from one of the publications/ websites/ broadcasters where the work appeared, or by journalism academic familiar with the work of the entrant.
- Entrants should provide an explanation of any collaboration undertaken with colleagues or external organizations on the stories that they have submitted.
- Checks will be made for plagiarism and any entrant found to have submitted work which is not their own will be automatically disqualified.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is August 14, 2020.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Fetisov Journalism Awards 2020 [Awards Worth Rs. 1 Cr]: Apply by Aug 1.