About the Scholarship
ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships open doors for students from India, Australia and Singapore to the world of Swiss academia, that combines high-quality curriculum with innovative thinking. The scholarship is open to students who have completed 2nd year of graduation or post-graduation, currently enrolled with an Indian university.
Students are responsible for finding a host professor or mentor at a Swiss institution as well as clarifying the scope of a research project before submitting their research scholarship application.
To apply for a ThinkSwiss Scholarship you must:
- Currently be enrolled at an accredited Indian, Australian or Singapore university/ institute
- Be a master degree student or a bachelor degree student who will have completed the 2nd year by the time the research stay in Switzerland begins
- Provide written confirmation from a professor at a Swiss university that he/ she will accept you for a research stay in his/ her group.
The application and all supporting documents must be uploaded on the online application form in PDF format to by 15 January 2020. In order to be considered for this scholarship, each application must contain:
- A cover letter outlining your research project (e.g. an overview of the tasks and milestones of your project that you agreed on with your host professor) and explaining why you should be awarded the ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship and why you would make an excellent “student ambassador” in the future
- Your CV (no more than two pages)
- A copy of your current university transcripts (we accept photocopies of official transcripts issued to the student)
- A letter of acceptance from the professor and/ or hosting institution in Switzerland. Please request for a confirmation letter on the University/ Institute letterhead from the host professor.
- A letter of recommendation from a current professor who can attest to the applicant’s abilities
The ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship provides a prorated amount according to the length of your stay: a monthly scholarship of CHF 1,600 (approx. USD 1,600) for a period of two to three months (CHF 4,800 maximum). Please note that this amount covers only a portion of the average student’s living expenses and that you will be asked to prove sufficient financial means to the Swiss Cantonal authorities before a visa can be issued (see information on visa below). The whole amount of the scholarship money will be transferred to the bank account of the recipient shortly after the departure date.
Applicants are free to schedule the research internship between 1 May 2020 and 15 December 2020 (3 months’ duration).
- The call for application will be open: September 10, 2019.
- The application and all supporting documents must be uploaded in PDF format below by January 15, 2020.
- All ThinkSwiss scholarship winners will be notified by February 10, 2020
- Accept this scholarship by February 20, 2020.
Cassius Castellino (cassius.castellino[at]swissnexindia.org)
Maitree Dasgupta (maitree.dasgupta[at]swissnexindia.org)