Registrations are open for The Ocean Scenario Quiz by MyGov from 20 December 2021 to 19 January 2022. The last date of registration is 19 January 2022.
About the Quiz
Namami Tate is an initiative of the Ministry of Earth Sciences under Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav. This initiative intends to raise awareness regarding the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 14 (SDG-14 Life below water) in citizen and business communities.
The world’s oceans – their temperature, chemistry, currents, and life – drive global systems that make the Earth habitable for humankind. Over 3 billion people depend on marine and coastal biodiversity for their livelihoods. However, today we are seeing 30 percent of the world’s fish stocks overexploited, reaching below the level at which they can produce sustainable yields.
Oceans also absorb about 30 percent of the carbon dioxide produced by humans, and we are seeing a 26% rise in ocean acidification since the beginning of the industrial revolution. Marine pollution, which occurs with an overwhelming majority from land-based sources, is reaching alarming levels, with an average of 13,000 pieces of plastic litter to be found on every square km of the ocean. Keeping these facts in mind, it is important that we know our ocean ecosystems and their current conditions well.
- This is a timed quiz with 20 questions to be answered in 600 seconds
- These questions will be randomly picked from the question bank.
- Winners will be adjudged on the basis of maximum number of correct answers.
- In case of multiple participants having given same number of correct answers, the participants who take the least time to complete the quiz will be adjudged the winner.
- You can skip a tough question and come back to it later.
Interested candidates can register via this page.
Winners at National Level will be declared at the end of the competition. The gratification of ₹5000/-, ₹3000/- and ₹2000/- will be offered to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners respectively by the Ministry of Earth Sciences.
You may also be interested in: