Applications are invited for The Melton Foundation Fellowship 2022 Cohort for Global Citizens and Change-makers. The last date of application is 15 January 2022.
The Melton Foundation’s Global Citizenship Learning Program is the ideal Fellowship for university students who aim to emerge as Global Citizens!
Are you a budding change-maker passionate about the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), intercultural experiences, and international collaboration to create tangible action? Are you motivated to make a difference in the world?
We are looking for emerging change agents who are committed to serving their communities and, through the Global Citizenship Learning Program, can build their capacity, grow their spheres of influence, and eventually model and promote global citizenship through their actions and in their networks of increasing complexity. In other words, New Melton Fellows are young people with the motivation to become a local multiplier of positive social impact!
Are you ready to join a global network of other emerging and established impact leaders who believe in Global Citizenship as a vital bridge toward better social and environmental relationships?
- The interested candidate must be a university student.
- Age: 18-25 years old as of the application deadline
- The individual will foreseeably live within the city limits of any of our partner universities for the next 1.5 years:
- Bangalore, India
- Greater Accra, Ghana
- New Orleans, United States
- Jena, Germany
- Temuco, Chile
- Hangzhou, China
- Must currently be enrolled in a degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate school program
- Have sufficient English language skills in order to understand and participate in all aspects of the program including complex discussions on human issues
- Have a proven track record of civic engagement in your local community
- Be aware of and committed to advancing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and practicing Global Citizenship as a lifestyle
- Be able to provide 1 letter of recommendation if invited to the local assessment center
Who Should Apply?
Individuals with the following attributes should apply:
- Civic engagement at the community level
- Curiosity for different social contexts and cultures
- Demonstrable interest in global challenges and international issues
- Respect for diversity, whether across the street or across the globe
- Personal motivation, initiative, and ability to work in teams
- Sufficient English language skills to understand and participate in all aspects of the program, and
- Strong academic record
As a new Melton Fellow, you can expect the following during the 1.5 years of the Global Citizenship Learning Program:
- Attend global events of the Melton Foundation (usually once a year, approximately 1 week long).
- Engage in online learning activities (approx. 5 hrs/month).
- Work in global project teams (depending on the project, average estimate: 5 hrs/month).
- Participate in community projects (depending on your local community engagement, average estimate: 5 hrs/month).
The first and most important step is to submit your written application. If you are invited to a final interview, please be aware that you will need to provide at least one recommendation letter in support of your application, from:
Click here to download your Letter of Recommendation template.
Following the above-indicated deadline(s), we will evaluate written applications and invite suited candidates to participate in an Assessment Center. The Assessment Center will take place at the university closest to you approximately 2-4 weeks following the application deadline. Selected candidates will be informed about dates and other specifics ahead of time.
Following the Assessment Center(s), we will invite the strongest candidates from each region to complete a timed video interview that will be reviewed by our Global Selection Team.
Following the Assessment Center, the global selection team will select the best-suited finalists from across the globe to join the Global Citizenship Learning Program as a Melton Fellow.
- Evaluation of written applications and invitation to suited candidates to participate in an Assessment Center.
- The Assessment Center will take place at the university closest to the invited candidates approximately 2-4 weeks following the application deadline.
- Selected candidates will be informed about dates and other specifics ahead of time.
- Invitation to the strongest candidates from each region to complete a timed video interview that will be reviewed by our Global Selection Team.
- Final Selection: Following the Assessment Center, the global selection team will select the best-suited finalists from across the globe to join the Melton Foundation.
You may also be interested in: