School of Management Studies (SoMS), National Institute of Technology Calicut (NITC), Kerala in association with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is organizing a two-day national-level program Ain 1.20 on January 24, 2020, and January 25, 2020, at SoMS, NITC.
The event comprises a data hackathon and a workshop. It envisions the competition among college students across the nation such that in due course the students will be able to learn and solve real-world problems using technology. As part of the program, two events are planned: (a) The Great Hack, a data hackathon and (b) The Paradigm Shift, a workshop on advanced technologies by industrial experts.
The Great Hack aims to introduce real-world business problems to the college students and urge the students to propose the solutions to the problem. The event is nothing but open innovation in action.
A prototype of the solution needs to be developed by the student participants during hackathon to be conducted at SoMS on January 24, 2020 evening. The participants will be presenting their solutions along with the prototype to the expert panel for scrutiny on day 2 i.e. January 25, 2020 forenoon session.
- A team may consist of a maximum of 4 persons.
- A set of real-world problems will be shared from which the student team can select one or both of the problems.
- In the first round, the team should submit the plan, architecture, design journey and literature review.
- Evaluations will be made based on depth, implementation possibility, digital transformation, technology, and design. The solution proposed should be feasible using open-source software.
- A team of experts (from academia and industry) will evaluate the proposals and shortlist the top 15 teams for the next level.
- Round 1: Students can submit their proposal for the given problem for review from January 2, 2020, to January 16, 2020.
- Round 2: Shortlisted teams need to confirm and register before January 20, 2020, for the next level.
Cash prize worth Rs. 25,000/-
- To register online, click here.
- The Registration fees are Rs. 1200/- per Team (working lunch, tea/snacks included for January 5, 2020)
- Accommodation charges are extra at Rs. 350/- per Room.
- The last date to register is January 16, 2020.
Phone Number: 947470165
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org