About the Grant
The Foundation is supporting those who excel in the areas of natural sciences, in particular food sciences/technology.
Since 1998, awards have been granted to over 100 people studying or researching within these fields. Successful candidates are asked to submit a report to the Trustees at the end of their studies. All potential candidates should be aware that the Gen Foundation grants are one-off, non-renewable awards.
To be eligible for a Gen Foundation grant, an applicant:
- Must study and/or research in the field of natural sciences, in particular food sciences/technology and
- Should hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
The Foundation does not support undergraduates, short-term training, conferences, seminars, or thesis writing. Such applications will not be considered.
How to Apply
The application form must be completed in English and submitted with all of the supporting documents listed below no later than 28th February 2019.
1. Download a copy of the application form here.
2. Prepare the following documentation:
- One complete application form
– Refer to page 5 of the application form before completion
– Typed applications only; handwritten applications will not be considered
– English only
- One recent passport-sized photograph
– Attached to application form
– Portraits will not be accepted
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (resume)
– English only
- TWO original and signed letters of reference
– English or Japanese
– Not photocopied
– Not scanned
– Not emailed
- Evidence of acceptance by an organisation/institution
– Evidence of a conditional letter is acceptable
– Photocopied or Original
3. Post the application form and all supporting documents to the following address.Applications should arrive no later than 28th of February 2019:
- The Administrator
- The Gen Foundation
- 45 Old Bond Street
- London W1S 4DN
- United Kingdom
Tel: +44(0) 20 7495 5564
For Official Link, click here.