About the Fellowship
The Blue Club is an independent women-led media organization. As a part of our fifth-anniversary program, we are launching The Blue Club Media Fellowship For Writers 2020, one-of-a-kind opportunity for women and queer people belonging to marginalised communities to develop their writing skills.
It’s a three-month intensive writing fellowship which aims to identify, mentor and empower emerging, diverse voices in anti-casteist and feminist spaces. The program will be led by The Blue Club core team and will aim to encourage and amplify new, intersectional voices in the contemporary anti-casteist movement, one that welcomes complex arguments and refuses to ignore the contradictory and often uncomfortable realities of gender and sexuality amongst ourselves.
What will you be doing during the 3-month fellowship?
- Write a minimum of four articles (two short and two long) for The Blue Club in the topic areas given. The articles can be reports, analytical pieces, advocacy-focused articles, and multimedia content.
- Participate in 8 Zoom discussions each month with the fellowship Director, Manager and other facilitators as determined by TBC.
- Dedicate solid hours every week to read and write about selected topics.
- Receive mentorship in choosing, writing, editing and publishing articles from the given topic areas.
- Make great connections within the anti-casteist and feminist-media community.
Caste, Gender, Sexuality, Politics, Education, Environment, Law, Health, Art and Culture
Who can Apply?
If you are a Dalit Women / Dalit Queer writer living in India with minimal or no publication experience and…
- If you are passionate about subject areas such as Caste and Gender and willing to learn how to write on these topics.
- If you are a writer who wants to learn writing about politics, education, environment, law and health from an anti-casteist feminist perspective.
- If you are a socially concerned writer still exploring your area of interest.
- If you feel your voice has been muffled by caste-gender majorities and is looking for a sisterhood of writers.
Receive an Rs. 30, 000 stipend for the three-month fellowship.
How to Apply?
- Applicants have to fill out an Online Application, where they have to upload:
- A cover letter on ‘Why are you interested in The Blue Club Media Fellowship For Writers 2020?’ between 400 – 600 words.
- Two relevant writing samples between 600 – 1000 words each (published or unpublished).
Oct 15, 2020
For more details, click the link below.