The Apni Shala Fellowship is a one-year full-time, paid fellowship programme for young people with a dream to change the way children learn.
With the passing of the Mental Health Bill in 2017, education in schools is now mandated to reach beyond academic goals, by focusing on the social and mental well-being of children. The Apni Shala Fellowship is an on-field initiative aimed at facilitating this movement towards a better education for children.
At every step of the way, an Apni Shala Fellow actively delivers in-class workshops, with a special focus on children attending low-fee schools and belonging to low-income communities in Mumbai.
- Develop your skills as a facilitator.
- Learn to use educational and therapeutic tools such as drama, art, games and storytelling.
- Develop and execute a field Action Research Project in School Mental Health.
Impact you will make:
- Work closely with over 300 students and be responsible for their social and emotional development.
- Create spaces for children for free and open expression of thought on personal and societal issues through your sessions.
- Experience working with key stakeholders in the education system including headmasters, teachers and parents to create awareness about the social-emotional needs of children.
To apply for the Apni Shala Fellowship, you must fulfill the following criteria:
Have one of the following:
- Graduate degree in psychology, sociology, education or similar programmes OR
- At least six months volunteering/working experience with some form of facilitation in a formal setting with children/adolescents
- Be fluent in reading, writing and speaking either Hindi, Marathi or English.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have experience of leadership in any capacity.
- Be willing to commit one year (starting any time after 1st June 2019) to the Fellowship.
How to Apply:
Click here to apply online.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2019.
For further details on the same, click here.