About the Organisation
Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education (IDIA) is a non-profit organisation working in India which aims to empower underprivileged children by giving them access to quality legal education and to create community leaders from within these communities.
It started out as a student-run movement in 2010 from West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences. Founded by Late Prof. (Dr.) Shamnad Basheer, IDIA sensitises underprivileged students from across the country to law as a career option, trains them and provides scholarships to the students on gaining admission to law schools.
About the Competition
After the resounding success of the 1st and 2nd edition of the IDIA Chhattisgarh National Essay Writing Competition, that saw participation of students from universities and institutions from across India, the IDIA Chhattisgarh Chapter is pleased to organise the 3rd edition of the IDIA Chhattisgarh National Essay Writing Competition this year.
The primary goal of the competition is to inculcate a habit of fostering constructive dialogue among individuals with varied personalities and ideas. The competition seeks to develop a culture where good writing is produced, shared, and appreciated. The competition is held annually for raising funds for the IDIA Charitable Trust. All the proceeds collected shall be fully applied towards funding the day-to-day operations Trust.
Participation is open to all undergraduate and postgraduate students across universities in India.
Role of Law in times of Covid-19:
- Healthcare and Rights of Citizens
- Technology and Privacy during times of Covid-19
- India’s Response to Covid-19: An Executive Aggrandisement
- Prize cheques:
- 1st Prize: ₹ 8000
- 2nd Prize: ₹ 5000
- 3rd Prize: ₹ 2000
- Medals and Certificates of Merit shall be awarded to 3 best essays.
- Certificate of Participation shall be given to all the participants.
- Only one essay per participant may be submitted. Co–authorship up to 2 authors is allowed.
- The essay must be written in English. The essay must not be more than 3000 words, including footnotes. Font – Times New Roman; Font Size – 12; Line Spacing – 1.5; Footnote Font Size – 10; Footnote Spacing – 1.0. Font size of Heading & Subheading – 14; Alignment – Justified.
- Plagiarism is strictly prohibited. Footnotes, wherever apposite, must be provided in the OSCOLA 4th edition format.
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition. No part of the essay should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or contest elsewhere. The participant will be required to submit a separate undertaking with regard to the originality of the work.
- Participant Code will be assigned to every participant. The Participant Code shall serve as an identification code for all communication with the organisers post the registration. There should not be any other identification mark apart from the team code on the cover page of the essay.
- Single authorship: ₹ 250
- Co-authorship (maximum 2): ₹ 350
- The Registration form can be accessed here.
- Date of notification – October 8, 2020
- Last date for registration – October 28, 2020
- Last date for submission – November 8, 2020
- Result declaration – December 18, 2020
- Neha Shetty, Team Leader, IDIA Chhattisgarh: +91 8971072268
- Viraj Aditya, Deputy Team Leader, Fundraising: +91 8447488295 / 8210697371
- E-mail: email@example.com
For more details, click the link below.