The FDP program shall enable the participant to acquire novel competencies for identifying emerging threats caused by micropollutants to aquatic systems, apply various recent technological tools for effective removal of micropollutants from the water bodies and encourage participant to further carry out research in the field of wastewater treatment for addressing global water scarcity issue.
National Institute of Technology Calicut (NITC) is an Institution of National Importance, centrally funded by MHRD and is governed by the NIT Act 2007. Institute has ten departments, three schools, and nine research centers
The training program will briefly cover the following topics:
- Emerging pollutants in water
- Mechanism of transport and transformation of pollutants
- Environmental modeling of pollutants
- Novel Secondary treatment of pollutants- Advanced oxidation processes, microbial fuel cells, fluidized bed bioreactors
- Membrane-based separation- application of MF, UF, NF, and RO
- Advanced membrane synthesis techniques-Electrospinning
- Potential membrane applications (low energy input)- membrane distillation, forward osmosis, fuel cells, emulsion liquid membranes, adsorptive membranes, photocatalytic membranes, and membrane reactors.
Who can Attend?
Faculty members, Ph.D. scholars, students from various AICTE approved Engineering Colleges/Institutions, working professionals and practicing engineers from various Research Organizations and Industries and Research Scholars working in chemical/ environmental engineering/ electrochemistry/ chemistry/ nanotechnology can apply.
A certificate of participation will be issued to participants who have registered and attended the entire course. No refund policy of registration charges.
- Faculty: Rs 5000.00
- Technical staff & Scholars: Rs 3000.00
- Students: Rs 2000.00
This includes only registration materials. Boarding and lodging will be extra. No TA/DA will be paid for any participant. The registration fee has to be paid through online transfer.
- Interested candidates can download the registration form by clicking here.
- All faculty and research scholars may be accommodated in the hostel/international hostel on a payment basis if they request for it, subject to availability.
Phone Number: 91-495-2285466
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org