Applications are open and invited from eligible innovators for the TED Fellowship Program 2023.
About TED Fellowship
Every year the TED Fellows program selects a new group of extraordinary, multidisciplinary individuals by open application. They look for innovators on the rise in their respective fields who are doing bold, original work.
TED Fellows are part of a diverse, collaborative and global community of more than 500 emerging and established experts. If selected, you’ll have the opportunity to give a TED Talk and gain valuable feedback from TED’s expert coaches on how to hone, express and communicate your work and ideas.
You’ll receive career coaching and mentorship from our team of professional coaches and get public relations guidance and media training. You’ll participate in virtual programming for TED Fellows and be invited to attend a TED conference.
- The TED Fellows Program recognizes the folks working on-the-ground on world-changing ideas — the doers, makers, inventors, advocates, filmmakers and photographers, musicians and artists, educators, scientists, entrepreneurs, nonprofit leaders, and human rights activists. If you’re at work on a future-shaping idea and over the age of 18, you should apply.
- The TED Fellows program is not an academic fellowship and non-traditional educations are welcome.
- In addition to impressive accomplishment, fine character and a good heart are also important traits they look for in TED Fellows.
TED will cover the costs of transportation to and from the TED conference, any visa you may need, accommodations and food while at the conference and conference registration.
Why should you apply?
- Once selected, TED Fellows receive transformational support. The program offers them TED’s power to help articulate and amplify their vision.
- The program supports TED Fellows’ with the individual capacity-building required to take the global stage.
- They equip TED Fellows with public speaking and media training, professional coaching, educational programming and connect them to a global network of peers and industry leaders.
- TED Fellows are selected by the program staff, with extensive reference checking, fact checking and consultation with experts across all fields.
- Your written application is central to our selection process. They read every application and encourage you to read our tips for applying before submitting your application. These tips are a guide to what they are looking for when they review your application.
- Applicants may receive requests for additional information from our team. But unless they reach out to you, they require no further information from you.
- Ultimately, there is no algorithm for how they select our TED Fellows. They select Fellows based on their accomplishments in their respective fields, the potential impact of their work and also their character. The ideal applicant is collaborative in their pursuits and in their nature, and is at a moment in their career to maximize the support of the TED community.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the fellowship through this link.
June 30, 2022