The TED Fellows program is currently accepting applications for the 2022 TED Fellowship.
About the Fellowship
Every year the TED Fellows program selects a new group of extraordinary, multidisciplinary individuals by open application. They look for innovators on the rise in their respective fields who are doing bold, original work.
- TED Fellows are part of a diverse, collaborative and global community of more than 500 emerging and established experts. If selected, you’ll have the opportunity to give a TED Talk and gain valuable feedback from TED’s expert coaches on how to hone, express and communicate your work and ideas.
- You’ll receive career coaching and mentorship from our team of professional coaches and get public relations guidance and media training.
- You’ll participate in virtual programming for TED Fellows and be invited to attend a TED conference. Note: conference invitations may be impacted by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Who should apply?
- The TED Fellows Program recognizes the folks working on-the-ground on world-changing ideas — the doers, makers, inventors, advocates, filmmakers and photographers, musicians and artists, educators, scientists, entrepreneurs, nonprofit leaders, and human rights activists. If you’re at work on a future-shaping idea and over the age of 18, you should apply.
- The TED Fellows program is not an academic fellowship and non-traditional educations are welcome.
- In addition to impressive accomplishment, fine character and a good heart are also important traits we look for in TED Fellows.
The Selection Process
- TED Fellows are selected by the program staff, with extensive reference checking, fact checking and consultation with experts across all fields.
- Your written application is central to our selection process. We read every application and encourage you to read our tips for applying before submitting your application. These tips are a guide to what we’re looking for when we review your application.
- Applicants may receive requests for additional information from our team. But unless we reach out to you, we require no further information from you.
- Ultimately, there is no algorithm for how we select our TED Fellows. We select Fellows based on their accomplishments in their respective fields, the potential impact of their work and also their character. The ideal applicant is collaborative in their pursuits and in their nature, and is at a moment in their career to maximize the support of the TED community.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the fellowship through this link.
June 30, 2021
For more details, click the link below.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: