The Wildlife Institute of India (WII Dehradun) invites applications for Technical Assistant posts for the year 2020. The last date of application is 30 Dec 2020 and Walk-in-Interview to be held on 8 Jan 2021.
“A Study for assessing the functioning and efficacy of Tiger Conservation Foundations (TCFs)”.
- Essential: M.Sc. in Wildlife Science/ Botany/ Zoology/ Forestry/ Forest Management/ Biodiversity/ Life Sciences/ Environmental Sciences/ Environmental Management/ Social Sciences and related subjected with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks from a recognized University.
- Desirable: Candidate(s) with prior experience of social surveys, knowledge of basic soft-wares, computer skills, report writing and GIS will be preferred. Able to undertake field visits and carry out surveys in different PAs. Should have good communication skills.
- Age: Shall not be more than 35 years.
- Carrying out field surveys on various aspects of TCFs and tiger reserves through questionnaire-based interviews and focused group discussions with Forest Officials & staff, Technical staff of TCFs, community representatives and other stakeholders.
- Organizing meetings, workshops or trainings.
- Compilation and analysis of data, drafting of the project report and any other related task.
- Some field visits to selected Tiger Reserves located in different landscapes of India will be required.
Rs. 21,000/- consolidated per month.
Wildlife Institute of India (WII) is an autonomous institution under the Ministry of Environment Forest and Climate change, Government of India. WII carries out wildlife research in areas of study like Biodiversity, Endangered Species, Wildlife Policy, Wildlife Management, Wildlife Forensics, Spatial Modeling, Eco development, Habitat Ecology and Climate Change.