The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) program is the UN organization that promotes volunteerism to support peace and development worldwide.
UNV would like to establish a roster of experts. It will be centrally managed by the UNV Volunteer Advisory Services Section in collaboration with the UNV Procurement Unit. It is intended to facilitate the identification and selection of experts potentially suitable and with a demonstrated track record.
The experts will work alongside the UNV Programme Specialists in Regional Offices and/or at Headquarters to respond to requests from Member states and other organizations on support to set up or integration of volunteering in development.
Areas of Expertise
The roster will be established based on the following areas of expertise related to volunteerism:
- Legal and/or Policy analysis and drafting
- Measurement of the contribution of volunteerism and volunteers to national and local efforts
- Capacity development
- Program and strategy development
- Evaluation and impact assessment
- Masters Level Degree in one of the following fields: law, international development studies, political science, public administration, statistics, evaluation, public policy studies, governance, management, organizational management or other closely related disciplines or Bachelors’s Degree with an additional 5 years’ experience.
- 7 – 10 years of experience working in the area of expertise under which the advisory service is demanded (legal and/or policy analysis and drafting, outcome/impact measurement, capacity development, program or strategy development, evaluation)
- Track record of performance in similar past assignments at the international level.
- Demonstrated experience of working on volunteerism and/or the Sustainable Development Goals is an asset.
How to Apply?
- It is important to note that this procurement notice is solely intended, to establish a roster of qualified candidates (with no immediate expectations for an assignment).
- Before being included in the roster, applicants will be assessed based on their technical qualifications, experience, and competences observed in their CV.
- To apply online, click here.
- For urgent assignments of contract values below US 10,000: UNV may directly contract a qualified candidate from the roster.
- The last date to apply is September 30, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com