Applications are invited for Teaching Fellows Under DST Funded Project at IISER Pune for the year 2021. The last date of application is 1 September.
Institute invites applications from Indian nationals having an excellent academic record and relevant work experience for the following positions purely on a temporary and contractual basis under the funded project titled “Pilot Programme of India Innovation Competency Enhancement Program (IICEP)” funded by the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Govt. of India.
Qualification: Graduate degree in Science/ Mathematics/ Science Education or equivalent with a minimum of one year of relevant work experience as mentioned in the ‘Desirable’ section.
- Good experience in teaching or outreach based on school curriculum from Standard 5th to 10th
- Good knowledge of trends in Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) education and teacher training
- Excellent model-making and demonstration skills for training teachers
- On-field data collection and management skills
- Strong proficiency in Hindi, Marathi and any other regional languages
- Good command over oral and written communication skills
- Strong motivation and enthusiasm to work with teachers and students in rural and urban areas.
Age: Not more than 35 years as on last date of application
The incumbent is expected to:
- Assist in teacher training workshops (virtual and physical) to be conducted at the Science Activity Centre at IISER Pune and in different parts of India on science and mathematics topics
- Visit schools to get an accurate picture of the existing science laboratories and teaching tools for mathematics, and make notes to design the kit to be given to the teachers in the first stage of the program
- Carryout regular on-field visits to various rural and urban schools participating in the project
- Build a good rapport with teachers and help them carry out various teaching activities
- Carry out occasional engagement sessions with teachers and students
- Make on-field notes and keep records of observations and feedback from teachers and students
- Design new activities and building models to be used in school level teaching
- Keep a record of the teachers’ activities and also generate periodic reports that will provide inputs to tweak the existing teacher training modules as needed
- Engage in translation of resource material to regional languages.
Initially for a period of one year extendable for further period subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent and continuation of the project.
Interested candidates should fill online application available on link Click here to apply on or before September 01, 2021.
Rs. 35,000/- to Rs. 40,000/- per month depending upon experience.
Click here to view the official notification of Teaching Fellows Under DST Funded Project at IISER Pune.
You may also be interested in:
- JOB POST: Trainee at TERI, Gurugram: Apply by Aug 31
- DBT-Research Associateship in Biotechnology & Life Sciences 2021 at IISc Bangalore: Apply by Sep 30