Applications are invited for Teaching Fellow (ECE) at IIIT Delhi for the year 2021. The last date of application is 22 August 2021.
Works as a co-instructor for undergraduate courses (normally 2 per semester), involving taking tutorials and labs, helping students, managing teaching assistants (TA), preparing/conducting/grading exams and tests etc., and course administration. The Fellow may also be the primary instructor in short duration summer/winter modules.
- An applicant must have M.Tech degree from a reputed Institute/University in ECE with good academic record throughout. Preference will be given to candidates with TA experience. It is best suited for those who are looking for teaching careers.
- Desirable: PhD in relevant discipline.
- Skills: Strong fundamentals in undergraduate electrical and communication engineering courses such as signals and systems, circuit theory and devices, integrated electronics, embedded logic design, digital circuits, probability and statistics and linear algebra.
Interested candidates can apply online via this page.
The last date of online application is August 22, 2021.
- To teach tutorials, manage tutorials and other tutors/teaching assistants
- To manage course related labs and inventory required during the semester and perform the experiments
- To conduct extra classes on the topics where students are facing difficulties
- To conduct regular lectures, when the instructor is on leave
- Maintaining office hours to clarify course related doubts
- To assist professor in making learning materials, assignments, answer keys and rubric for grading
- To assist professor in preparing exam question papers / lab exam practical questions and conducting quizzes, mid-semester exam and final exams
- To assist professor in final semester grading, paper checking
- To mentor and guide students in class-course projects
- To conduct refresher modules for M.Tech/B.Tech students in summer
Duration & Salary
The term of appointment will be for one year, which can be renewed after the first year based on performance. No extension will be given after two years.
The compensation in the first year will be Rs 45,000/- per month with free hostel accommodation or Rs. 50,000 per month without hostel accommodation. In the second year, Rs. 50,000/- per month with free hostel accommodation or Rs. 55,000/- per month without hostel accommodation.
The Institute gives top priority to the ongoing academic activities and does not promote leaving the offered position during an ongoing semester. To ensure this, a monthly deposit of Rs. 22,500/- from the salary of the first two months will be kept with the institute. This deposit will be paid on completion of the offered tenure.
You may also be interested in:
- Accenture Consultant Program [Self-Paced; 4-5 Hours; Certificate Available]: Register Now!
- Postdoctoral Fellowship (Chemical Engineering) at IIT Gandhinagar: Apply by Aug 30