The Ranchi Veterinary College (RVC), Ranchi is looking to recruit Teaching Associates on contractual basis for 14 different Departments of its College.
About RV College
The Ranchi Veterinary College is affiliated to Birsa Agricultural University (BAU). The faculty of Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry is situated in the campus of B.A.U. near Kanke Block. It is about 16 kms. From Ranchi Railway station and 20kms from Birsa Munda Airport.
The mandate of the Faculty
- To import Veterinary & Animal Husbandry education up to doctoral level.
- To undertake basic, applied & adaptive research in all disciplines relating to livestock & poultry production & post harvest technology including conservation & implement & maintenance of livestock and poultry germplasm.
- To impart specialized training, pertaining to veterinary science and animal husbandry.
- To provide referral & consultancy services in all aspects to Veterinary and Animal Husbandry.
- To develop, update and standardize package of practices concerning feeding, management, health coverage including disease diagnosis, breeding strategies, reproduction and livestock & poultry production technology & transfer of technology for use by the livestock & poultry farmers & the industry keeping in view of the eco-friendliness.
- To serve as a state repository in all aspects of livestock & poultry production, post-harvest technology, and the health cover.
About the Job Opening
Application on plain paper is invited from candidates having B.V.Sc and A.H. and M.V.Sc qualifications beside NET qualified Ph.D degrees awarded in accordance with UGC regulation, 2009 for engagement as Teaching Associate on contractual basis on monthly remuneration or Rs. 38,000/- per month plus H.R.A. in the following Departments:
- Extn. Education
- Pharmacology & Toxicology
- Animal Breeding & Genetics
- Veterinary Biochemistry
- Livestock Production & Management
- Veterinary Gynecology & Obstetrics
- Instructional Livestock Farm Complex
- Teaching Veterinary Clinical Complex
- Veterinary Surgery
- Animal Nutrition
Terms & Conditions
- Age: Upper Age as on 1.05.2017: General Male: 35 yrs. SC & ST Male & Female: 40 yrs. OBC Male: 37 yrs. Female General and OBC: 38 yrs.
- Period of Engagement: Initially for six months
- Emolument: Rs. 38,000/- per month plus H.R.A.
- Qualification: a) M.V.Sc Degree in respective Department b) NET Qualified c) NET relaxable if having Ph.D Degree as per UGC regulations 2009
- Application: i) Candidates may send their application along with bio-data through Registered Post/Speed Post to the undersigned. ii) Candidates may also directly submit their application one hour before walk-in-interview.
- Engagement will purely be on temporary basis liable to be terminated by one month notice on either side.
- Initial appointment will be for six months only.
- This post will not be University Cadre post.
- The appointed candidates shall not be entitled to any claim implicit or explicit for absorption in the University service.
- Selection will be made on Walk-in-Interview basis.
- There is only one vacancy in each department mentioned above.
Date and Venue
The date for the walk-in-interview is May 13, 2017 at 10:30 am onwards. The venue is the Dean’s Chamber.
For more information on the same, please click here.