Applications are invited for Teaching Assistant in Business, Policy and Strategy Area at IIM Udaipur for the year 2021. Online applications are open until the position is filled.
Applications are invited for the role of a Teaching Assistant in the Business, Policy and Strategy Area. The candidate is expected to provide assistance in all courses in Business, Policy and Strategy. While the primary role is that of a teaching assistant, you will also be expected to help the area faculty with their research work, and in the process, you will be able to build your own research profile.
Skills and Qualifications:
IIM Udaipur is looking for someone who is comfortable conducting both quantitative and qualitative research. While we will provide training and guidance, you will need to have a basic interest and aptitude for both quantitative and qualitative research. Bachelor’s degree in quantitative disciplines (such as Engineering, Economics, Statistics, or Mathematics) from any of the top-tier colleges in the country is preferred. Highly motivated candidates with an undergraduate degree from other disciplines may also apply if they are comfortable working with quantitative methodologies and have a keen interest in research.
- An open mind to learn new concepts.
- Data handling skills (e.g. SQL querying).
- Good understanding of Statistics and coding skills (in a software other than Excel or SPSS).
- High standards of work quality; specifically we want the TA to exhibit/showcase the following: (1) attention to detail, (2) ability to multitask, and (3) absolute commitment to task completion.
- MBA from a top institute is a plus.
- Good understanding of Economics/ Sociology/ Statistics is a plus.
- Statistical programming skills/ coding skills in Stata, R, SPSS, SAS, Python, MySQL, C++, Qualtrics (any/ many).
This is a position in an academic setting. Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting faculty in activities related to course design and delivery in any of the institute’s programs (you may be asked to help in preparing/revising course outline, reading list, class handouts, simulations, presentation slides, etc.)
- Correction/grading of mid-term and end-term exams, quizzes, projects, assignments as instructed by the teaching faculty.
- Participation (mandatory) in all briefings, discussions, and training organized by the instructor(s), academic offices, program chairpersons/deans, and/or the area.
- Setting up necessary teaching aids as instructed and tracking progress in class projects, assignments, etc.
- Providing tutorial support, including conducting remedial classes, to students as instructed by the teaching faculty.
- Assisting faculty in their research, case writing, teaching note/exercise development, and paper writing.
- Learning such tools, techniques, and software applications required for conducting high-quality research and applying the same as required by the faculty.
- Initiating research and case writing projects under the guidance of the area faculty.
- Coordinating with Research & Development Office, Case Center, etc. on matters related to dissemination of research output, registration of cases, teaching notes, etc.
- Other necessary work related to teaching and research.
Interested candidates may apply online. The position will remain open and we will accept applications till a suitable candidate is found. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The latest version of your CV; it should include all relevant details about you and your background – academic qualification/s, prior work experience, etc.
- A statement of purpose (SOP), not exceeding 1 single-spaced page, on your motivation for taking up the TA position. Please cover the following points in your statement of purpose-
- Why are you motivated to take up the TA role?
- What are your long-term and short-term career plans?
- How does the TA role fit into your career plans?
- Why do you think you will be a good fit for this role?
The position is contractual for 11 months and may be renewed for a further period of 11 months, enabling the candidate to build their profile for PhD applications. Candidates are expected to move on to a strong PhD program at the end of two years.
Click here to view the official notification of Teaching Assistant in Business, Policy and Strategy Area at IIM Udaipur.
You may also be interested in: