This scheme aims to facilitate mobility of faculty members working in a regular capacity in State Universities / Colleges and in private Academic Institutions to carryout research work in an established public funded institution such as IITs, IISc, IISERS, National Institutions (NITs, CSIR, ICAR, ICMR labs and other central institutions) and Central Universities, located preferably nearer to the institution where the faculty member is working. Research work will be carried out in such a manner to ensure that PI continue to work in the host institute as well as his / her parent institute on mutually agreed terms between the PI and Mentor.
- Indian citizen residing in India holding Ph.D. degree in Science or MS / MD in Medicine or M.E. / M.Tech. in Engineering / Technology are eligible to apply.
- The applicant(s) must hold a regular academic / research position in State Universities/ Colleges and private Academic Institutions.
- Applicant should not hold any ongoing research projects or any fellowship at the time of submission of application.
- The upper age limit for the award is 45 years at the time of the submission of application. Age relaxation of 5 (five) years will be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Physically Challenged & Women candidates.
- Mentor should be at the level of Associate Professor/Scientist E, or higher level.
Nature & Duration of Support:
Not exceeding three years covering areas under Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences & Mathematical Sciences, including interdisciplinary areas.
Research fellowship of Rs. 60,000/- per year (in addition to the researcher’s own salary) will be provided subject to completion of minimum 90 days research work per year in the host institution. Research grant of Rs. 5 Lakhs per annum (50% each to host and parent institution) and overheads (as per SERB norms) will be provided.
How to Apply?
Click here to apply.
Application Deadline: 15 March, 2018.
Phone: 011 40000310
For further details on the same, click here.