Applications are now invited for the Teach For India Fellowship Program 2021.
The Teach For India Fellowship program is an opportunity for India’s brightest and most promising individuals, from the nation’s best universities and workplaces, to serve as full-time teachers to children from underserved communities in some of the nation’s most under-resourced schools.
Through this experience of teaching in classrooms and working with key education stakeholders like students, principals, and parents, our Fellows get exposed to the grassroots realities of India’s education system and begin to cultivate the knowledge, skills, and mindsets necessary to attain positions of leadership in education and identify their role in building a wider movement for educational equity in the country.
- The selected fellows will be paid a salary of Rs. 20,412/- per month.
- If required to relocate from their home city, Fellows will be given a housing allowance ranging from 5,300 to 10,000, depending on the city in which they will stay.
- in addition, Fellows will receive an advance on School Supplies.
- In order to be eligible to apply to the Fellowship program, you must be an Indian Citizen or an Overseas Citizen of India, you must have graduated with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree by June/ July 2021, and this must be your first application to the 2021 cohort of the Teach For India Fellowship.
- In the Fellows, they look for leaders to join a movement towards educational equity.
- Aside from passion and commitment to the movement, we look for leadership potential that can develop through the two-year Fellowship.
- The Fellows must possess skills such as critical thinking, problem-solving, grit, and have a high bar of expectations for themselves and others.
- They must demonstrate interpersonal skills through their interactions with various stakeholders, along with academic excellence.
How to Apply?
The Teach For India Fellowship is a highly selective and coveted program, with a selectivity rate between 6% and 8.5%. Through the 3-staged process, we select the highest potential candidates for the program.
Your application includes a 1-hour online test, which focuses on your situational judgment and English language abilities. This must be completed within 72 hours (3 days) after you submit the application form. Your application will be considered complete only after you submit the test.
To apply online, click here. The last date to apply is March 14, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.