Applications are invited for the TDR Postgraduate Training Scholarship in Implementation Science 2022.
The University of the Witwatersrand’s School of Public Health invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for a full-time funded Master Degree Programme in the field of Implementation Science.
The scholarship is provided by TDR, the UNICEF/UNDP/World Bank/WHO Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases – hosted at the World Health Organization in Geneva, Switzerland.
The goal of the scheme is to enhance graduate training capacity in implementation research and boost the number of researchers in low- and middle-income countries.
The focus is on implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty, including the neglected tropical diseases, malaria, tuberculosis, HIV/TB co-infection and COVID-19.
The training isfocused on courses relevant to a career in implementation science. Implementation science is a growing field that supports the identification of health system bottlenecks and approaches to address them, and is particularly useful in low- and middle-income countries where many health interventions do not reach those who need them the most.
Degree Programme on Offer
MSc Epidemiology in the field of Implementation Science (18 months full-time).
- Be resident in and a national of a low- or middle-income country in the WHO African Region.
- Be under the age of 35.
- Be interested in developing a career in implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty.
- Be proficient in English
- Meet the Programme’s requirements available here.
The scheme will provide full scholarships for Masters in the 2022 academic year and covers the following:
- Return economy airfare between the candidate’s home country and Johannesburg, South Africa
- Tuition fees
- Basic medical and accident insurance
- Monthly stipend to cover living expenses, including accommodation
- Support for research project expenses
Further, recipients’ careers will be tracked with the new TDR Global alumni and stakeholder platform that will monitor the impact of the programme, as well as provide opportunities for networking and increased visibility opportunities for the Fellows.
How to Apply?
- Apply by completing a University of the Witwatersrand postgraduate application form online at this link.
- Application fee is R200 for both international and local applications. Application deadline is 31 July 2021.
- Applicants should also note to:
- Application deadline for TDR scholarship: 31 July 2021
- Communication of application outcome: 30 October 2021
Click here to view the official notification for the TDR Postgraduate Training Scholarship in Implementation Science 2022.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: