Applications are invited for Tata Innovation Fellowship 2021-22 by DBT, Govt. of India. The last date of application is 30 November 2021.
Applications are invited for “Tata Innovation Fellowship”, a highly competitive scheme instituted by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India to recognize and reward scientists with outstanding track record in Biological sciences/ Biotechnology to find innovative solutions to major problems in health care, agriculture, environment and other allied areas related to life sciences and Biotechnology.
- The fellowship is open to Indian Nationals residing in India who are below the age of 55 years as on the closing date of the application. The fellowship is co-terminus with the superannuation of fellow in his/her organization.
- The applicant should possess a PhD degree in Life Sciences, Agriculture, Veterinary Science or a Master’s degree in Medical Sciences, Engineering or an equivalent degree in Biotechnology/ related areas. The applicant must have outstanding contribution and publication in the specific area.
- The candidate must have a regular/ permanent position in a University/Institute/Organization and should be engaged in research and development. If he/she is availing any other fellowship, he/she will have to opt for only one of the fellowships.
- The applicant should have spent at least 5 years in India before applying for the fellowship.
- Evidence of outstanding track record and a deep commitment to find innovative solutions to major problems in health care, agriculture and other areas related to life sciences and biotechnology.
For application format and submission details, please visit the DBT website. Application (one hard copy) duly forwarded by the competent authority of host Institute should be sent to Dr. Deo Prakash Chaturvedi, Scientist-C, Room No 814, Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Floor, Block-2, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi -110003, not later than November 30, 2021.
Soft copy of application in the prescribed proforma should be mandatorily submitted online through DBT ePromis portal on or before 30th November, 2021.
Nature of Support
The amount of the fellowship is Rs. 25,000/- per month in addition to regular salary from the host institute. If an awardee is receiving salary from an international organization, he/she will be entitled for research grant i.e. contingency only.
In addition, each Fellow will receive a contingency grant of Rs. 6.00 lakh per annum for meeting the expenses on consumables, equipment, international and domestic travel, manpower and other contingent expenditure to be incurred in connection with the implementation of ongoing research project under the fellowship.
Click here to view the official notification of Tata Innovation Fellowship 2021-22 by DBT, Govt. of India.
You may also be interested in:
- Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship 2022 (FAST-SF) [200 Fellowships]: Apply by Nov 30
- Rising Star Fellowships 2021 at The Free University of Berlin, Germany [Monthly Fellowship Rs. 2L]: Apply by Nov 30